Electric Tuggers ??? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Can't see this any time soon.. Tuggers giving up their 4x4s ?

CC Latest news

Electric cars 'will become the norm'
Published: 07 January 2011

An increasing number of motorists will use electric cars to drive to caravan sites and other locations over the next couple of years, one expert has revealed.

Dr Ben Lane from nextgreencar.com suggested that the rising cost of fuel will be one of the main reasons for the trend.

"The most you can save is by using electric vehicles, so if they are ever going to make it, now is the time," he explained.

Dr Lane predicted that thousands of electric cars will be on the road by 2012, with people drawn not only to their efficiency but also their level of performance.

Transport secretary Philip Hammond and business minister Mark Prisk revealed last month that some electric car models will be eligible for green grants up to the value of £5,000.

It believes that the incentive may make 2011 the year of the electric car in the UK.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I do not think they have yet reached a useful range and you cannot charge them up anywhere yet ok for a milk float:roflmto:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
I do not think they have yet reached a useful range and you cannot charge them up anywhere yet ok for a milk float:roflmto:

never seen one big enough to pull a skin off a rice pudding, let alone a 1ton caravan :roflmto:

but great on a site with EHU ... :thumb:

but I can imagine the warders face when you plug your car in :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

motor roamin

Funster
May 23, 2010
Leicester
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 mins
Then they will put duty on electric so you cant afford to turn the light on in your house let alone run your car.

Save us from politicians unless of course we can claim the same exspensies.

Wasn't that a song........That'll be the day

All the best Rick.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Low miles per charge

Various arguments against.. Low miles per charge! Look at what you get on a mobile phone.. Never what the manual says... I know that from using electric buggies..what 35 miles per charge.. May be 20 on the first day of use now a year on a fraction of that.

Forget the green argument .. Electric has to be used to produce the electric to recharge.. So fosil fuels or oil!

And as Rick says.. The governent would soon tax it when it suits them...

Plus the cost of an electric car will be a lot more exensive.. What of the weight? Would not think it would be a car to tug!

Inthe future perhaps, but not in the next few years.

Bo:Eeek:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Facinating thought - electric tug to pull our 5'er :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Most trips we do are 200 miles each way as far as I can work out the max any electric car will do at the moment is 80 miles therefore logic says it will take me 3 DAYS to get anywhere at least :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They will be forced to put airies in all over the place so that we can all stop and charge up :Eeek:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Can you imagine an electric land rover

I cannot see an electric land rover Bill... Unless you convert you own Series lll... It is just a pipe dream for now... No one has really got the infrastructure in place with charging points.. They will never be free.

Tunbridge Wells has just yet again increased it's car parking charges do not give them another money making idea.. They will have slot meters before you know it.

Bob:shout:

P.s Tunbridge Wells is not Motor Home friendly... Poor parking ad lots of wardens.. Traffic jams and often gridlocked off from the A21 in to the town..

Last edited:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
P.s Tunbridge Wells is not Motor Home friendly... Poor parking ad lots of wardens.. Traffic jams and often gridlocked off from the A21 in to the town..

Has not changed much in the last 40 years then since we use to live near there:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Wardens appeared from nowhere within seconds of the wheels stopping

Car parking charges in the west country is not much better if its the best place to park up to £5 hour - if its nowhere near where you want to be then its .70 to £1 per hour :Eeek:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We hadeeven traffic wardens now more

We are cutting all sorts of services in Tunbridge Wells, we had 11 traffic wardens but we have the money for 3 more..silly me, it is the drivers that are going to pay the wages... This council can find more ways to hit the motorist every year.

I read in this weeks paper that the poor motorist which have to pay for a parking permit it has gone from £25 to £35 for the first car and £25 to £45 for the second car.. The excuse is the admin charge? Why does it cost more for the second car i wonder:cry::cry:

I do not have to pay this charge but it is typical of Tunbridge Wells.

Not a nice place to visit if you are a motorist or a motor home owner. The council never listerns to the residents.. Just spend the rates money as they wish... The leader of the majority tory council has had a vote of no confidence by his own party.. They have 44 seats to the liberals 6 .. Will he go..no.. Been voted against twice in the past 4 weeks.. So they are now going to vote for a new leader... Oh it is alright.. It is only rate payers money.... And the motorists parking fees or high car park charges.

Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells.:Angry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back