Electric step problem

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Pikeman, Sep 24, 2014.

1. Pikeman

Pikeman Funster

Hi Folks, tried to post this last weekend, just as our hub died. Up and running again now.

During our last outing, the electric step decided to jam in the down position. To get us moving again, I removed it and bought a cheap step from the supermarket, which served us well for the duration. Since getting back, I have dismantled and inspected the motor/mechanism and suspect that the motor is deceased. Serial number show it to be Italian UNUS MACRI-PM32. Have googled, but not coming up with much. Anyone got any idea's about spares?

Cheers

Keith :cool:

2. buckby

buckby

My omnistep gets stuck down but its only the switch i just get to the switch press it a few times and then its fine usually happens when I drive in the rain

3. MikeD

MikeD Funster

Do you know the maker of your step? Is it a Techno? Found this on the "grumpy" web site :rolleyes:

"The Techno Double step on our Autocruise Starblazer recently stopped working in the up position. Suspect 12V electric motor as it had become lazy in retracting fully, needing a knee up to retract fully.
    Stripped step & motor down and it's fitted with an Italian UNUS International Macri PM32 Gearbox motor.
    Further stripping down motor, it looks as if the armature sprung brushes have worn out.
    Can you buy these as spares in UK?? "

He got a reply:
    "I believe CAK tanks keep parts. "

Hope this helps (y)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Apache

Apache

The Omnistep on our Apache started to play up recently and wouldn't go back in. We tried cleaning , inspecting electrics and swearing , eventually taking out the fuse and using a caravan step. Finally took it to Fullers where we bought the van and their chap simply said " it'll be the thermal fuse " ?? Sorted in seconds. We'll done Fullers . Hope this helps you Pikeman

5. jenny and mitch

jenny and mitch Funster

Ours stuck down in the pi**ing rain but I just gave the large motor box (which is mounted underneath beside the step in a black plastic cover) a swift, but technically adroit "thump" and it never gave a moments trouble ever again... Not very helpful probably, but it was raining VERY hard at the time !!

6. Al-Di

Al-Di Funster