Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
I have an autotrail frontier mohican,my problem is the step is not working properly it should open & close automaticaly when useing the key remote & retract when starting the engine.Over the last couple of weeks its been acting up,ie not closing properly not opening properly,i have sprayed the working parts with oil but has had no efect.Hope some of you funsters can help.:Blush:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi John, our step has a micro switch that gets clogged up with dirt and grime thrown up off of the road. As you say your step is playing up as opposed to not working at all, perhaps a clean up of your switch may be necessary.
Brisey

OP
OP
JohnM

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Hi Brisey, thanks for your reply could you tell me where the switch is located please.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Brisey, thanks for your reply could you tell me where the switch is located please.:thumb:

Sorry to say John, but I can't, our van is a different make and model to yours. It is just a question of getting down on the ground and having a look underneath the step.
Brisey.

OP
OP
JohnM

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Sorry to say John, but I can't, our van is a different make and model to yours. It is just a question of getting down on the ground and having a look underneath the step.
Brisey.
[/QUThanks once more been under again found white push switch seems to be working,so its back to the drawing board.Thanks again.John:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back