Electric step, no go! (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Oh Wise and Wonderful Ones::bigsmile: once again I've come to grovel at the font of knowledge that is yours:helpsos::notworthy:

Me letric step no go:Sad: Fuse is O K battery's new (ish) Any Ideas? Someone before suggested "solinoid" in answer to another poster with the same prob.
If that is so Where is the bloody thing? and where do I get another from?:Doh:

All advice gratfully received:notworthy:

It's on an Auto trail C I Carioca Fiat Ducatto Base

Last edited:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Pop it over to me tomorrow at the unit and I will take a look - probably just a dirty earth. I do have some mobile work on, but will be about.

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Had to same problem with my Laika ecovip 7r, underneath the step there are some earth wires screwed to the body work. I just tightened them one by one until the step worked, either that or it could be dirt. Guess I was just lucky.

David :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I don't know what 12v power supply you have but I had the same problem with my step recently and it turned out to be a faulty Sargent ecu which they replaced without any problem.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
We have had the same problem with ours and thought that the motor had packed up. A call to Johns Cross motors for a new motor ( as we knew they were very helpful from posts on here) resulted in very helpful advice to ring Sargents re the ehu. Sargents were very helpful and said that our unit was not one of the ones effected and suggested changing the switch within the step. Howie found the part on the Omnistep parts site and fitted it - bingo - the step is working perfectly again.

Kath and Howie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back