Electric Hook Up Power (1 Viewer)

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
You cannot price a pitch with or without electric .. that's the reason C Club stopped having low, med and high season elect charges or the option not to have an EHU .. it has to be a fully inclusive price.. or fit meters.
When last did you book/visit a site and were given the option of EHU or No EHU ? It's NOT LEGAL ..
This is a major gripe with those who don't want ehu .. they are paying for those that do.

To be honest the sites i've visited have included the cost of electric, if what you say is true then how come Link Removedis offering a choice?

This thread is about quality of service provided you either think its accepable or not IMHO 6A supply is not, pariculary during cold conditions.

Regards

OP
OP
J

Jan Pendreigh

Free Member
Feb 23, 2008
Funster No
:Eeek: Apologies all, didn't mean to start WW3! Just miffed at a price increase and power decrease. Now back in Lincolnshire and the blood pressure is down again.

However, open all year sites must recoup some of the winter useage when they increase the prices for bank holidays and school holidays in the summer months and we don't use our heaters etc because we're out sunbathing?
Jan

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
:Eeek: Apologies all, didn't mean to start WW3! Just miffed at a price increase and power decrease. Now back in Lincolnshire and the blood pressure is down again.

However, open all year sites must recoup some of the winter useage when they increase the prices for bank holidays and school holidays in the summer months and we don't use our heaters etc because we're out sunbathing?
Jan

Jan you are right, we have always said folks use more electric in the winter so our prices stay the same all year round hopefully what we lose on electric in the winter we gain abit in the summer - swings and roundabouts !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
I don't mind what amperage the EHU is, as long as it is fairly priced and I am told what it is, but if I think I am paying for a 10 amp EHU and it only turns out to be 6 amp then I do get annoyed.

I've lost count of the sites where this or similar has happened. Many sites nominally have an array of 16 amp EHUs - but the overall supply just isn't capable of dishing out 16 amps to all the EHUs at the same time so when we all wake up in the morning and put the kettle on it all blows. One site advertised 16 amp EHUs with a note at the bottom saying the use of electric heaters was banned - err, why do they think I want a 16 amp EHU? How on earth would I use anywhere near 16 amps if the heater wasn't on?

As for sites not being allowed to price the electricity separately - well, they still do. Even the venerable C & C C does, although they dress it up by calling the old "with leccy" pitch a "service pitch" - it amounts to the same thing.

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
I don't mind what amperage the EHU is, as long as it is fairly priced and I am told what it is, but if I think I am paying for a 10 amp EHU and it only turns out to be 6 amp then I do get annoyed.

I've lost count of the sites where this or similar has happened. Many sites nominally have an array of 16 amp EHUs - but the overall supply just isn't capable of dishing out 16 amps to all the EHUs at the same time so when we all wake up in the morning and put the kettle on it all blows. One site advertised 16 amp EHUs with a note at the bottom saying the use of electric heaters was banned - err, why do they think I want a 16 amp EHU? How on earth would I use anywhere near 16 amps if the heater wasn't on?

As for sites not being allowed to price the electricity separately - well, they still do. Even the venerable C & C C does, although they dress it up by calling the old "with leccy" pitch a "service pitch" - it amounts to the same thing.

Couldn't agree more its all about providing a reasonable service to the customer, lets face it if you wnt into a pub and asked for a pint and the barmaid gave it you two thirds full you'd have a dicky fit :Eeek:and in Jan Pendreigh case he got a half a pint and no straw:Sad:
I know there's going to be some that will say are!! ;but there are those that would take two pints and only pay for one, thats life fortunatly they are in the minority, Costs are balanced over the year as previously said. Provide a poor service and you will loose customers simple as that.

Perhaps he would let us know which site he went to?

Must say so far, the sites i've visited have been great ;but having read some threads about poor service on other forums, i make it a point to check site reveiws and recomendations before each trip.

Regards

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back