Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
The cooker (Stoves) in the MH has three gas burners and one electric ring. I know that the lid has a safety cut out for the gas but I need to know if there is a separate cut out switch for the electric ring. The problem I seem to be having is the ring will not work unless I push the glass lid back beyond its normal range, suggesting that it is on some sort of switch, whilst the gas burners don't seem to have the problem.
If the electric ring is a separate switch is it changeable, wherte is it and is it easy to do?
Mrs Emmenay has figured out that wedging a clothes peg in the hinge makes it work just fine but hmmm...not really the answer I was looking for :Doh:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
sounds like it needs adjusting.
the switch will be around the hinge on one side you may be able to see it if you have drawers under the hob. it may just be the hinge has bent slightly.

just re read your post and assuming the stoves hob being like a domestic one you wont have drawers.

you may have to remove the unit and gain access from the rear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Emmenay

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
the switch will be around the hinge on one side you may be able to see it if you have drawers under the hob. it may just be the hinge has bent slightly.

just re read your post and assuming the stoves hob being like a domestic one you wont have drawers.

Do you think that removal is is a job for a DIYer or will it be a gas type person?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
Do you think that removal is is a job for a DIYer or will it be a gas type person?

all depends on how confident the DIYer is with gas.

as long as there are no leaks (check with a soap solution or a leak detector spray) it shouldn't be rocket science.

but if you are unsure in any way about it then let a professional do it.
there are a couple on here ASH or CLS (sorry guys names escape me) would probably be able to do it for you and would do it at a show.

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Ah now, do you have a grill under the hob? I haven't had this prob on the m'home one at all but I have on my domestic 4 burner all gas Parkinson Cowan cooker. In that case there is a spring that drops out into the back of the grill cavity, not down the back of the cooker. Result - no gas to the hob or grill at all. It actually happened whenever you shut the lid down flat against the hob, which it is possible not to at home for a while, but not in the van.

Unfortunately you did have to pull the cooker out from its slot and shove the spring back down the hole. Eventually husband Mk 1 got a pair of pincers and tweaked the end coil of the spring a bit, so it stuck there permanently once he'd shoved it back in after doing that. I could have kept doing it myself dead easy but kept saying I couldn't so he'd have to do it and I knew him so well by then, I was aware he'd soon get sick of that game, and find a proper cure ...... :roflmto:

This ain't gonna be easy with the van cooker, if it is that.

A call to either Steve (Ash) or Mark (CLS) might well be the answer.

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!

Access from the rear !! Yosser, where are you when needed !!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmenay

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Well it would appear that the switch thing was an easy fix.......What I didn't plan for was the oven door shattering when I pulled on the handle during the removal process :Doh:

I have spent most of the day in search of a new glass or complete door but no luck yet...Boy do I feel a tit :Blush:

Any suggestions re a new glass welcome :thumb:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
try searching for caravan breakers they may want to sell you a complete unit but then at least you got some other spares.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back