Electric Griddle/hotplate

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Gin Palace, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Gin Palace

Gin Palace Read Only Funster

hi everyone
    Can anyone recommend a good electric griddle/hotplate to use outside?
    Are there any 12v ones or are they all 240v?

2. daveandsan

daveandsan Funster

Can't recommend one but they will all be 240 volt.

3. rb62

rb62 Funster

4. greyman1

greyman1 Read Only Funster

we have a single hotplate and a tappanaki grille type thing, both were picked up cheap in B and M or home bargains [cant remember which] which we use when on campsites with 240v rather than use our gas up. most times we set up outside via a extension lead and both [only one on at a time though esp when on 6amp ehu ! work fine]. regards garry

• Like Like x 3
  5. Tea Bag

Tea Bag Funster

Hi.
    Better late than never, unit having a deep clean and found this. "Quest Leisure Products" Healthy Griddle 7505. 220-240 volt. 50HZ ? 750W."

Bought from Amazon i think,a while back cooks very well,often use it on the balcony at home,when i want to laze in the sun cooking..... BACON and EGGS. (When someone brings the real stuff back from England).
    Coming back wed 30th.next week for 6 weeks,you will know if it's me,i don't WAVE! LOL.
    Tea Bag.

• Like Like x 1
  6. namwaldog

namwaldog Funster

We have a Tefal Raclette like this ........
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tefal-RE1...006?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item23550a51be
    that we picked up for a couple of Pounds at a car boot a while back and although it would be fine for bacon and thin slithers of meat I don't think that it would cook steaks etc. I think it may do kebabs but not if you are in a rush!

If you can understand Spanish, instructions are here...

7. Delboyarapaho

Delboyarapaho Funster

This link is the nearest I can find to my hotplate http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Andrew-Ja...dle-BBQ-Skillet-Hot-Plate-2000W-/371384522132 (hope link works). I find the hotplate good for breakfasts but if, like me you want to do stirfrys and lots of mushrooms etc, this plate is a little shallow (and stuff keeps falling off). Also the edges are lower then the main plate and the oil tends to run around the edge rather than stay on the flat plate.

When I replace I have decided to buy a deeper flat griddle plate and use my two ring gas burner to heat the plate

8. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

They have tappanaki grills in our local Lidl at the moment.

9. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

we have a Palson hotplate / griddle that does a good job on standard burgers etc, no burning, fat trap on front and non stick (y)

we also bought a George Forman Barbecue grill, never used it, not really sure why, but mainly because the Palson is easier, but it is bigger, needs a table to stand on, the Fprman is on a stand

I would add I am currently considering a Cadac or similar gas powered device so I can use it anywhere :)

10. bubble63

bubble63 Funster

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  11. Gazza333

Gazza333 Funster

Lidl have a teppanyaki grill at the moment £19.99. Got one the other day and used it yesterday. Good reviews and I found it great

12. rangitira

rangitira Funster

We have a "Judge Electric Skillet" (model#JEA23) It's got a lid with it, we've used it for the general fry up meals, we have also used it for cooking a small roast, (enough for 2)

Cost (from Mallets H/ware) almost £35. It's ideal for a M/H, light weight, We use it outside, nothing worse than going to bed of a night time and having the smell of Steak, Onions and etc etc lingering from cooking a fry up inside:doh:

13. Allan & Loren

Allan & Loren Funster

These are great and really good value. Not got one ourselves as we use the cadac for everything but friends have one and love it.

14. cruiser

cruiser Funster Life Member

15. Puddleduck

Puddleduck Funster

I don't have one (but it is tempting) so would be pleased to know how you get on. Aldi had them in a couple of months back as well. I'm not sure if we have space to store one, if it would get used and if it would be worth buying....... maybe when they get them in again in a year or so :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gazza333

Gazza333 Funster

I bought one from lidl last week. Tried it at the weekend, just bacon sausage mushrooms egg tomato breakfast items. Plenty of room on top and cooked evenly and very quick with no mess. A quick rub over with a spatula when it was hot and the plate was clean just needed a quick wipe over when cold.

I can see this being used a lot . Probably in the awning rather than the motorhome. I'm glad I got it and it comes with a 3 year warranty

• Like Like x 2