Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Another option is to get a halogen or standard hot plate instead - they are cheap and you can use any type of pan on them - we've got a Morphy Richards one (car boot purchase) which heats up quickly and an ancient one too ... would probably not meet H&S standards but it heats up much quicker than any other we've had.

TallBlonde

Free Member
Sep 2, 2015
Northamptonshire
Funster No
MH
Searching, searching ...
Exp
Complete beginner
We just happened to have 1 medium pan when we did the magnet test on existing pans, so then bought the plate for the rest. Really good idea to take magnet when getting next pans !!!
TK Maxx is excellent (IME) for cookware - got all of our induction friendly pans from there.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Hmmm ! May be worth us trying one pan then and see if it's the induction plate that's the issue. The plate does get very very hot and we chose a wide one, but worth ruling that out then. Off to peruse induction pans :) Thank you, be a shame not to use the A James as it's very lightweight and handy. Off to google ............

Are you sure its an induction hob because ours at home is very quick but does not get hot. Don't know how it works but when you take the pan off the hob is hand touchable.Fastest and most easily controlled cooker we have owned. BUSBY.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Are you sure its an induction hob because ours at home is very quick but does not get hot. Don't know how it works but when you take the pan off the hob is hand touchable.Fastest and most easily controlled cooker we have owned. BUSBY.
The plate WILL get hot as it is the only way the heat can transfer to the pans - in effect it turns it into a standard hotplate but you obviously lose some of the temperature in the process - if you're going to the expense of an induction hob over a standard hob you need to bite the bullet and get pans that will work on it without the plate.

Oct 5, 2014
peterborough
Funster No
MH
micro van
Exp
We love our Tefal induction hob, it is very fast. we found that we had pans that we could use. They either have the induction sign or a magnet will cling to them.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
The only thing we cook outside on is a rectangular electric griddle, purchased in France as one of our neighbours had one and SWMBO fancied one. Its quite good but really needs EHU otherwise it really hammers the batteries even on a sunny day. (Tip;if you think you might be tempted to buy something electrical abroad, take a UK plug or two to swap the continental one with, we also carry a short extension lead with a UK plug on one end and a 3 way continental socket on the other)

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
The only thing we cook outside on is a rectangular electric griddle, purchased in France as one of our neighbours had one and SWMBO fancied one. Its quite good but really needs EHU otherwise it really hammers the batteries even on a sunny day. (Tip;if you think you might be tempted to buy something electrical abroad, take a UK plug or two to swap the continental one with, we also carry a short extension lead with a UK plug on one end and a 3 way continental socket on the other)
Yeah we only use the induction hob if on hookup, to be honest, that's why we bought it, to save on the gas when already have electric hooked on. We take a few adaptors so covered for using uk abroad, abroad in the van etc. Also have the socket extension........ for hob and hairdryer ;) Electric griddle was one of our options fore we went with the induction hob. May look into that another time. Thanks :)

OP
OP
snowdrops

snowdrops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 15, 2013
Wales
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
2 years
I was just about to suggest that option
I can't see the point buying an induction hob then having to buy another item to make it work.
Yeah, I guess we assumed the induction plate would work better than it does. :(

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Could be one of these, I bought 2 thinking they would be good for parties / christmas, took them both back unfortunately because the thermostats didnt work at all it was burn everything or turn it off!
I do have a redmond multicooker which is good for a couple but not really for a crowd.

View attachment 80374

That's what we use - perfect for the morning fry up - easy to do a stir fry - even cooks Pizza well. Very lightweight. Not expensive at all

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back