Electric Bill

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by FIDGET, May 9, 2012.

1. FIDGET

FIDGET Funster

I complained about my recent electricity bill and here's the response:

Dear Customer, Just a little note to let you know we understand your anger in the recent price hike. But it should be noted that you have no choice. We are a big company and you will pay what we tell you. We have the power, you need the power. So sad...too bad. Have a nice day and keep those cheques coming! Sincerely, Your Electricity Supplier

Alias “kiss our arses”!!!!

2. electricscott

electricscott Funster

at last it is the open what we new all along.

what many “big” companies don’t realise is that their arrogance is short lived and ultimately customers rule, it is unfortunate that it take such a long time.

my question is why are all the electricity companies engaged in luring customers through complex pricing structures, rather than offering a simple to understand system that gives genuine value for money?

3. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

simple.. because they are not in business to provide a value for money service but to make a profit for shareholders and big salaries + bonuses for CEOs .. same as banks, gas, water, rail, et al

the more complex and bewildering it is, the less chance you have of understanding it, consequently you can't make a fair comparison so less likely to switch for fear of jumping from frying pan into fire..

the days of providing a service are long gone.. king dollar rules.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Only 98/99% accurate I think. Given the recent news (Aviva et al) perhaps shareholder profits aren't so high on the list :BigGrin:

• Like Like x 1