Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
I haven't seen a thread on electric bikes for a while. I'm looking for a couple of lightweight electric cycles to put on the back of the motorhome. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice?

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
There is a recent thread Link Removed if that is of any help. :Smile:

Last edited:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Right - I'm onto this one. I really fancy an electric bike but don't have a carrier at the back so it will have to be a folding bike. Now when we were at Misterton, I had a go on Dingray's bike. It had the big wheels and was fantastic to cycle but I really came to grief flinging my leg over that high crossbar. Then I had a go on Larrywin's which was lovely, collapsible but a bit heavy. Then I had a go on GJH's (Graham and Jill) and this seemed just right. It was a 'step-through' and was easy to ride and easily folded to fit into my storage space (stop it). It came from ASbikes which has a good website, now costs £540 which isn't extortionate. I think this will be the bike for me but I now have to get to a show and talk to the company. If you log onto their website, it will tell you what shows they will be at and Jill said the after-sales service was very good. Hope you get the bike you want. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
By sheer coincidence I went to a local "Troc" this morning, looking for a folding table, and outside was an electric bike--small-ish 3 wheeled. I didn't realise it was electric but it was labelled "Offer of the Week" and was €1260.00 I thought I'd mis read and then it said something about €3000 with the batteries. Is this how much they are????????????

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Lightweight and electric bikes don't really go together well unless you get the skeletal type which Batribike sell - but you have to be a bit light to use them. Can't remember the upper weight limit but not that high.

The bikes themselves aren't much heavier than an ordinary eqquivalent but the battery adds weight. With our bikes (from AS Bikes as Ivy mentioned) you can remove the batteries and stow them separately if you want to lessen the load.

We bought ours at the Cheshire show this time last year after looking at the various ranges on offer at the show and quite a lot of research on-line which Jill did previously. Very pleased with them so far.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A couple of Funsters bought leccy bikes at the Shrewsbury show. Loads of us 'had a go' they really have come on in the last couple of years. batteries are getting better and better and the bikes are lighter, so apart from being able to easily lift them on to a bike rack, if you do run out of juice you stand a chance of being able to still pedal home:thumb:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
JJ I know you are probably getting withdrawl symptoms from not being able to attend any UK rallies at the moment and you keep telling me 'your hard drive is full' but have you remembered you need to put petrol in the tank ??:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I have to pedal really, really hard now 'cos the engine has stopped working :cry:

JJ :Cool:

Would you like me to bring this over with us JJ...? :thumb:

Velosolex, Velo solex, Handbook + Repair /Spares Manual
E.bay item = Item number: 330587967053

Last edited:

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
the maximum my panel van conversion back door fitted bike rack can carry is 35kg have not found two electric bikes less batteries you can put safely on a bike rack .

OP
OP
ubuntu1

ubuntu1

Free Member
Feb 13, 2008
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2006
I have found two that come in at 37Kg so far which isn't too bad. I like the look of the AS bikes but no 36v models in stock and I really fancy one with front suspension for the British pot holes.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We bought two at the Stratford show from AS Bikes of Coventry, excellent so far :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back