Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Off to portugal 19th august and am looking to buy an electric bike for shopping etc.
A site called sports hq has one at half price,£499 from a grand.
Looks like a really good bike for the money,power assist etc.Has anyone got one of these?
Will check site and get name.
Dave
Cyclamatic powerplus.

Last edited:

M&L

Free Member
Jan 26, 2008
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
We bought a Powercycle Windsor from Cook's at Grimsby for £499, it turned out to be a good buy.
They can be found on the Internet.

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
We bought one at a show from ASBikes. 17kg electric lithium battery ( I think) folds into a bag and has a carrier on the back. Very pleased with it
Lucille

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
david price

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
The folding bike ones seem popular and have a good write up but to be honest they are a little bit feminine for me,want one that looks like a mountain bike.
I can see why they are popular,take up little room and fairly light but just not for me im afraid.
dave

Travel Lightly

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Co. Tipperary, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
three years
I wouldn't mind one of these bikes, but here in Ireland they can be pricey; the last i heard they were going for 1200 euro but if the price did drop I'd opt for one. Well, I'll 52 next March and already feeling a bit lazy:roflmto:

OP
OP
david price

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Travel lightly if you check the net you will find them for a
lot less including delivery.
Dave

OP
OP
david price

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
not seen that site but prices look good,The one i am looking at has a litium iron 24 volt 10a battery,power assist or all electric.
dave

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi, there is i believe a big electric bike factory in the algarve , giant or some thing like that . try googling they did sell from the factory .

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Travel Lightly the one on the link you gave looks about the right spec

PowaCycle Salisbury LPX Gents Electric Bike (2009) £599
terry

Travel Lightly

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Co. Tipperary, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
three years
Hi Travel Lightly the one on the link you gave looks about the right spec

PowaCycle Salisbury LPX Gents Electric Bike (2009) £599
terry

Hi Terry, I was looking at that one too. It would also be a bit stronger. I did loose weight, 7 and a half stone, but even so I am still 15 stone of pure flab, so would need something strongish to support me::bigsmile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi TL, the specs on that one seam to be the best - lithium battery is a lot better than lead acid for what is about the same cash :thumb:I had a go on one last yr and at 17 stone it felt easy to pedal etc, If memory is right they were at either Skirlington or Skegness market with prices starting at 250 ish no doubt there will be some on the Sunday market just off the A1 near Notts but cannot remember the name ?-maybe Ranby ?someone will :ROFLMAO:
Last yr after riding it my mate said IF enough People show interest he can order ten at a time for the right money.He said he would only make a tenner on each sale but obviously it would be a supply only job
terry

Travel Lightly

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Co. Tipperary, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
three years
Hi TL, the specs on that one seam to be the best - lithium battery is a lot better than lead acid for what is about the same cash :thumb:I had a go on one last yr and at 17 stone it felt easy to pedal etc, If memory is right they were at either Skirlington or Skegness market with prices starting at 250 ish no doubt there will be some on the Sunday market just off the A1 near Notts but cannot remember the name ?-maybe Ranby ?someone will :ROFLMAO:
Last yr after riding it my mate said IF enough People show interest he can order ten at a time for the right money.He said he would only make a tenner on each sale but obviously it would be a supply only job
terry

That 250 starting price sounds a good deal for any able to meet the guy selling them, shame there aren't any back here selling them so reasonably, which is why the Internet is so handy:thumb:

Never thought of checking ebay, so will do that now:Cool:

Travel Lightly

Free Member
Jul 26, 2009
Co. Tipperary, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
three years
Terry, I just checked out the one on ebay and it sounds the biz, does about 30 miles, plus the battery can be charged in about 4-5 hours, also it can be recharged 1000 times. If accurate this is an amazing deal. IMO.

Problem is I am not sure if the seller will ship to Ireland, shipping to places in the UK will add another 35 quid to the purchase, so if there is shipping to Ireland [Eire] it may well be more.

I will send the seller an email and ask:Smile:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Dave, Have you thought about geting a really decent ordinary road bike? I dont know about what distances you want to do but for what its worth heres my little story.
When in scotland over easter with a few other funsters we ran out of BBQ food. with the nearest shop some 13 miles away in lochinver and every hill a 1in10 minimum I volunteed to get my bike out and go and get some food. Dingray had an electric bike of very good quality and with encouragement from Patrick and Family guy I set off on it. After some time the strain of the hills on the bike and me was unbareable, the bike was extremely heavy and it soon ran low on power. This meant when I arrived at the shop loaded myself with burgers and buns for the journey back the battery was already knacked. I then had to ride that heavy bike all the way back up and down hills with no power. It was like riding an old grifter or Chopper really heavy.
If I was on my road bike I would of killed that journey and remained fit with no problem.
So I suppose the morale is, that if you would just like an electric bike for simple short journeys thats great. However if you want to do any distance cycling where theres hills and your stupid enough to be egged on by other funsters then get a decent road bike:ROFLMAO::thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Dave, Have you thought about geting a really decent ordinary road bike? I dont know about what distances you want to do but for what its worth heres my little story.
When in scotland over easter with a few other funsters we ran out of BBQ food. with the nearest shop some 13 miles away in lochinver and every hill a 1in10 minimum I volunteed to get my bike out and go and get some food. Dingray had an electric bike of very good quality and with encouragement from Patrick and Family guy I set off on it. After some time the strain of the hills on the bike and me was unbareable, the bike was extremely heavy and it soon ran low on power. This meant when I arrived at the shop loaded myself with burgers and buns for the journey back the battery was already knacked. I then had to ride that heavy bike all the way back up and down hills with no power. It was like riding an old grifter or Chopper really heavy.
If I was on my road bike I would of killed that journey and remained fit with no problem.
So I suppose the morale is, that if you would just like an electric bike for simple short journeys thats great. However if you want to do any distance cycling where theres hills and your stupid enough to be egged on by other funsters then get a decent road bike:ROFLMAO::thumb:

:ROFLMAO: morel of the story is take the van :thumb:
terry

bauldy

Free Member
May 13, 2009
bedworth
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
6 years
Had my Byocommuter electric bike since june, use it every day for work it has a range of between 22 + 26 miles and that is with some slight hills, it is fully charged in 4-6 hours. Weight is 27kg without the battery so can be carried on the bike rack it has a 250 watt brushless motor and a 36V, 10AH Lithium Battery, you can ride it as a normal cycle as it has 6 gears my bike cost me £499 at Stratford show they also sell on line BYOCYCLES.com Homepage ,before buying a electric bike do your research try this forum Pedelec Forums - Electric Bike Forum - Powered by vBulletin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back