Electric bikes / electric bug killers (1 Viewer)

Gwendolyn

Free Member
Jan 12, 2011
Cymru
Funster No
MH
Hi-top
Exp
6 months
Hi

Can any of you please recommend reliable, medium priced, electric bikes. And have you used those electric mosquito killers? Are they effective? Can you recommend one?

Thank you,
Gwendolyn

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have one of these, seems to work fine but needs the mains, and the light can be a nuisance at night.

Link Removed

We used a heated gadget that took a flat tablet that was supposed to kill midges years ago that seemed to work.

Can't help on bikes.

Upvote 0

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Have found a red bulb to be just as efective against mozies,but can give out the wrong signals:Doh:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought Two of These at the Cheshire show last July. We got the Mk2 version rather than the more expensive Mk3 as we thought the range was enough for us.

We had a good look round at other suppliers before we jumped and both build quality and price looked better than others.

Pete, the owner is very good. One bike was knocked over by accident after a few days of ownership and the kick stand got broken. Got in touch with Pete to ask how much a replacement was and he sent one out free of charge.

Very pleased with the bikes so far.

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Can't advise on electric bikes, I still use muscles .. but often wished I had one .. :roflmto:

Re electric bug killers, I tried one and found it of little good.. the most effective repellent we've used is the mosquito coil..

images

If you don't like the idea of burning one overnight, then mosquito bed nets are also very good..

Upvote 0
Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
I bought 2 of these from AS cycles from their depot just outside Coventry, I had the opportunity to try before buy. We were looking for an electric one for me (disabilty) and a manual one for Lin, however after trying them and considering the value for money we opted for both electric. At 23kg each they probably would have fitted on a rear cycle carrier but we tested them and found they would fit through the door and into the back of the M/W. We bought 2 zip up bags while we were there to put them in, they are very robust and prevent any damage to the interior of the vehicle whilst moving them in and out and at ÂŁ20 each well worth it. They also threw in a pair of pannier bags.

Well recommended!!

Upvote 0

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
Our votes go to asbikes as well, we got 2 mk2 bikes with the 20 inch wheels and we get admiring glances everywhere but that aside they really do what Pete the owner says about them, we have gone 25 miles on them on a cycle track and still plenty of juice in the batteries, I will say though that the tyres puncture easilyand got caught out in a thunderstorm and got soaking wet while Terry went to fetch the van to pick me up,It was the back tyre got punctured and not being able to take the back wheel off.
We have since bought that "slime" which works, havent had one on it since, Pete sells slime as well so he must have had the same feedback about the tyres.
We have them on the cycle carrier at the back with the batteries taken out since they weigh 23 kilo's each but that within the limit of 60 kilo's to be carried on the rack anyway.
We do have to bag to put them in but to get terry to put them in and put them up in the luton cab is another thing, he has all his junk up there and dont want to move it???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Supposed to be weather proof anyway so Pete says, it will take this winter to prove that???
Have got a cycle cover on them but the condensation still got our last bikes

Upvote 0
Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
The tennis racquet type fly killers are effective but you have to bear in mind that you have to keep them moving. The mossies won't come to you. And don't catch yourself with it when it's active - I did and it hurts:Doh:
It kills most flies etc but only stuns wasps.

Upvote 0

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Hi

Have used electric bug catchers work on flies but not a lot of use on mozzies. I think they are too small.
We have problems after taking our 2 poodles for a walk if mozzies around as they get in their coats, and come in. Have not found a better way of killing than swatting, around light fittings.

Dave .:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Re bug killers

We have the mosquito coils in metal hangers.. They work. We also have some electric ones we got from Spain a while back that use the tablets, again work fine. Outside we have citronella candles in buckets purchased 2 fo ÂŁ5 at a show.. This work reasonably well. The coils can be used in doors or out, but will set off the alarms. We also have for the exercise the electric bats to swipe. At bugs.. Kill sow now and again

And for wasps... We havete jars you hang up with sugar solution in ..trap... Works sometimes .. Have seen 6 wasps in one and half hour later all gone:cry:

But lots of items out there.. Punted have had the solar blue light things..waste of time.

Bob:Blush:

Upvote 0
May 2, 2014
Washington
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584DL
Exp
17 years + 35 tugging
Electric bikes are very heavy. Our last Juicy bikes (great bikes) were over 23kg without the battery so we've changed to Furo X . These are 20" wheel folders with carbon frame weighing about 14kg fully loaded with battery etc. Oh, and they're so fast you can outrun the mosquitos.

Upvote 0
Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
These fly zappers work and are really cheap..

While Ann had the tv on the inverter powered it, so just a few hours a night. I didn't think it would do much but by the end of the holiday I had to clean the dead bodies out of it đź‘Ť

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
We bought two AS bikes at a meet at Stratford upon Avon about 12 odd years ago and both still look and perform well with no apparent reduction in battery life after a life of light use.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back