• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

• These Classified Forums are now archived, so you cannot add to or edit them. Our New Classified System can be Found Here 

Electric bike. (1 Viewer)

Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Wayfarer folder bought June this year 2015 dec ex demo had new battery July good cod £300.Got small M/C on rear of MH now so not used.No offers.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Do you have any photos?

What is the weight including battery?

Is it compliant with regulations? i.e. No twist and go but pedelec.

Could well be interested.

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Twist and go but made 2015 before regs came out.Works on pedal assist as well

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Three years and counting, 30 years a tent tower.
Hate to tell you this but the regs apply from way before 2015. If its twist and go then it has to be registered with the DVLA, there's no roadfund licence fee as I understand it but it legally must be used as a motorcycle and not a pedelec. So far the boys in blue haven't been enforcing this but in the event of an accident you could be in serious trouble.

Doctor Dave

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years followed by a break of 11 years and then 4+ years but given up now
Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
@Doctor Dave . Thanks for that update, I knew the law was pretty ambiguous regarding Twist and Go. When I bought my first Kalkhof in 2010 I queried our local boys in blue regarding riding on the various cycle paths and was told that as long as no power was applied without pedalling I was fine but if it was able to provide power without actually pedalling then strictly speaking it was a moped and not permitted on bike paths. However I never heard of anyone being busted in the UK for such use.

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Hate to tell you this but the regs apply from way before 2015. If its twist and go then it has to be registered with the DVLA, there's no roadfund licence fee as I understand it but it legally must be used as a motorcycle and not a pedelec. So far the boys in blue haven't been enforcing this but in the event of an accident you could be in serious trouble.
Does anyone realy know the law concerning these E-bikes? It seems to be one of the biggest "grey" areas known.If I shall use the bike abroard I will "lock off " the throtle and use pedal assist. Still confused---Chris.

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Just a thought-if the law states it is illegal for a E-bike to move(on the throtle ) without pedalling what about the new 4mph throtle assist bikes? Just curious to find out .

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Does anyone realy know the law concerning these E-bikes? It seems to be one of the biggest "grey" areas known.If I shall use the bike abroard I will "lock off " the throtle and use pedal assist. Still confused---Chris.
Following on from @Doctor Dave I did some more research and the situation is now a lot clearer providing the bike was bought after 1st Jan 2016 when the new rules kicked in
https://www.gov.uk/electric-bike-rules
So it doesnt say specifically that you can't have a twist and go throttle just that the bike cannot be elctrically propelled above 15.5 mph.

Anything outside these rules is classified similarily to a motorbike and has to be registered with the DVLA and is subject to the same road usage rules.
If the bike was bought before the harmonisation rules then in the UK it is still legal to use as before.

If you really don't want hassle then don't buy one with a throttle, buy a proper pedelec.

OP
OP
Chris51
Mar 24, 2010
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
relay lwb pvc
Exp
6 years
Following on from @Doctor Dave I did some more research and the situation is now a lot clearer providing the bike was bought after 1st Jan 2016 when the new rules kicked in
https://www.gov.uk/electric-bike-rules
So it doesnt say specifically that you can't have a twist and go throttle just that the bike cannot be elctrically propelled above 15.5 mph.

Anything outside these rules is classified similarily to a motorbike and has to be registered with the DVLA and is subject to the same road usage rules.
If the bike was bought before the harmonisation rules then in the UK it is still legal to use as before.

If you really don't want hassle then don't buy one with a throttle, buy a proper pedelec.
Thanks for interesting reply I have E-mailed supplier to try and get proof it was made before 2016 so to cover me.Interesting subject although confusing? Thanks again-can lock off throtle and just use pedal assist if needed

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Does anybody know of anyone that's been caught useing a twist and go bike...? And if anyone gets stopped what is likely to happen to them..?

The debate on it is trivial.... until there are consequences...:rolleyes:

Mar 10, 2016
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class RMB 750HE
Exp
Does anybody know of anyone that's been caught useing a twist and go bike...? And if anyone gets stopped what is likely to happen to them..?

The debate on it is trivial.... until there are consequences...:rolleyes:
No, I think I mentioned that before that I've not heard of anyone being done for it I expect the problem might arise big time if you had an accident while using one that didn't comply with the appropriate legislation. Anyway, why bother buying something that may be illegal when you can buy a legit legal pedelec

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back