Electric Bicycle any thoughts?? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
mulaz

mulaz

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
i have been looking at lots of video's on you tube some strange and wonderful bikes.
The mad DIY bikes some reach 75mph!!!!!!!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:
do a search for ebikes, electric biycycles, cyclone bicycles, currie bicycles

Thinking of the cyclone kit for my next project http://www.cyclone-tw.com/ :thumb:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
until you are involved in an accident or hit someone on an illegal e bike....the victim will probably sue you for everything you own.

OP
OP
mulaz

mulaz

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
the victim will also probably sue you for everything you own even if you are on a 15mph 200w bike too!!!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
Thought I would try this one day on my mountin bike any comments www.transformercycles.com:thumb:
Look at the disclaimer at the bottom. Strictly off road, no way would you get a pushbike through a motorcycle MOT ( ie number plate, lights, horn, chainguard etc), which is what would be required to register it . Plus registration fee, road tax and insurance. Cheaper to buy a C90! :roflmto: VMax

OP
OP
mulaz

mulaz

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
Thought I would try this one day on my mountin bike any comments www.transformercycles.com:thumb:

love it ...... but off road only of course ...
but what would the old bill say if you were pedaling along a road with one of these bikes with the engine off? ..... the world has to many regulations and regs to control regs:shout:

OP
OP
mulaz

mulaz

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
Look at the disclaimer at the bottom. Strictly off road, no way would you get a pushbike through a motorcycle MOT ( ie number plate, lights, horn, chainguard etc), which is what would be required to register it . Plus registration fee, road tax and insurance. Cheaper to buy a C90! :roflmto: VMax

yes you can if you want to

arc0497a.jpg

Link Removed

or google
Golden Eagle cyclemotor

Link Removed

Last edited:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Had electric bikes for 7 years now first two we had were Giant La Free a excellent bike with about a 25 mile range quite light and a a comfortable ride. Two years ago we decided technology changes all the time and as we had done a couple of thousand miles on them looked around to change, we traded them in getting £450 pounds each for them against 2 Schwinn stream line they are amazing very light (Ed can lift then on and off the back of the van on his own) they do a easy 35 to 40 miles on a charge. They can be charged just through the solar panel and inverter so even when not electric we are still fully charged.
There is absolutely no trouble going up hills with them and because they are so light they are just as easy to ride without the battery switched on, would not consider a e bike that only can be used with a battery to heavy and you get no exercise, although each to there own. Motorhome would not be the same without our electric bikes.

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
The Golden Eagle unit was 25cc, under 1 kw. The smallest transformer unit is 48cc (over 50cc and it becomes a motorcycle not a moped) and would require a lot more eg a cut out switch or self retracting side stand, indicators, dip beam and so on, therefore my original statement is still valid I believe.:Smile:
My experience with cheap chinese motors would lead me to think it would mean a lot of grief before you got it to work successfully, but don't let me stop you trying. As I said a secondhand Honda C50, 70 or 90 is reliable, proven (over 60 million made) and already registered. And yes I do have a C90 and an ST70 but unfortunately for you not for sale.::bigsmile: VMax

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back