Electobloc EBL226 and Solar Panel (1 Viewer)

Brimal

Free Member
Sep 8, 2007
Drayton, Norwich, Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Many years towing and Moho since 2004, presently Adria Coral 690SP Platinum.
Hi, I've moved this to here as I put it on the section before.

I wonder if someone may have a solution to this ‘dilemma’.

I have an Adria MH fitted with an Electrobloc EBL226 and an LT500 control and switch panel.
The EBL 226 has a connection for its own solar charge regulator.
Reading the destructions for these two bits of kit, it seems to me as if they monitor the power etc of your batteries and do whatever they need to do accordingly.

So, if I connect my 100W Solar Panel via my MPT 1.170 (which uses Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)) regulator, to the leisure batteries, the EBL control unit will not read the available capacity properly because it will not be measuring the power going into the batteries from the solar panel.

If I connect the panel to the EBL via the Schaudt Solar Charge Regulator (which I would have to purchase), then I will not get the benefit of the MPT regulator’s enhanced output.

So, would it be possible to connect the output of the MPT to the EBL so as to maybe get the best of both worlds, with a good output from the MPT and the EBL to measure the battery strength etc.

My previous Adria had an EBL208S, which also had a connection for a Solar Panel. The solar panel fitter by-passed this connection and the regulator was connected directly onto the battery. No problems, but I don’t think the 208S was quite the all singing all dancing system that the 226 seems to be, and don’t want to ‘upset’ the system as it were.

Any advise appreciated

Brian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back