Elecroblok ebl 99 switched off and solar (1 Viewer)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I am a bit confused by the EBL99, status when switched off at the unit itself. I switched the main unit off to stop drainining of the leisure batteries by the hot water tank temp sensor etc over winter. As I understand it, even though the unit is off my solar panel charge should be distributed to the batteries as normal. As I lent out my volt meter I couldnt check this. Can anybody confirm I will still be getting a solar charge ? Thanks.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I've just looked at the diagram for the EBL99. If your solar regulator is the Schaudt unit then power from the panel will continue to be distributed whether the switch on the EBL99 is on or off. If your solar panel is connected via a different regulator directly to the leisure battery it won't know whether the EBL99 unit is on or off so it'll carry on as normal.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
It is not advisable to switch the Elektroblock off, the small slide switch in the EBL have a reputation for failing and are best left alone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
I've just looked at the diagram for the EBL99. If your solar regulator is the Schaudt unit then power from the panel will continue to be distributed whether the switch on the EBL99 is on or off. If your solar panel is connected via a different regulator directly to the leisure battery it won't know whether the EBL99 unit is on or off so it'll carry on as normal.
Thanks that's what I hoped for as I installed the recommended Schaudt solar reg (y) After a long search I found a piece a few minutes ago which said basically that, as well. It seems The main thing switched off at the ebl99 unit front panel when in storage is the hot water unit frost protection circuit,steps etc, which I don't need as its all drained. I did read some people have had problems switching the ebl99 back on at its box front panel, as mine is fairly new fingers crossed in the springo_O next time I might just leave it on at the box and just switch it off the panel and let the solar charge everything up.
thanks again saved me a trip to storage (y)

Last edited:
OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
o_O
It is not advisable to switch the Elektroblock off, the small slide switch in the EBL have a reputation for failing and are best left alone.
yes I just read that....too late now :( Although There is a specific re commissioning sequence in the Carado manual so will make sure I follow that, to give me the best chance

Last edited:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Which Truma unit do you have? I thought it was either a C4 or C6.
The older C4002/C6002 units had the electric dump valve, the C4/C6 have a mechanical dump valve.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MR. FUSION
Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
Which Truma unit do you have? I thought it was either a C4 or C6.
The older C4002/C6002 units had the electric dump valve, the C4/C6 have a mechanical dump valve.
yep you are right, C6 so no electricity drain, so no need to switch off at the box at all :doh::doh::doh: It is recommended to do so in the Carado manual tho, for winter layup.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back