eldiss 165 2012 (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
I have been trying to find out if the when the M/h ls plugged into the mains will both batteries be charged. No joy from Eldiss they just refer me back to the dealer who is the other side of the country and not very forthcoming.
I have however found that there is a 20 amp switchmode charger.transformer in the van. Does this charge the leisure and the vehicle battery. Its driving me daft trying to get some info.
HELP
Mike:helpsos:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I would simply be amazed if both batteries were not charged on a 2012 van.

I know its an eldis but nethertheless I am confident that both would be charged via a split relay system without you having to touch anything.

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
We had a new Elddis Autoquest M/H in 2002 and that charged both batteries on EHU, without doing anything, leave some lights on when not on hookup, after a while measure battery voltage and see if it comes up again when on EHU. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S
Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Thankyou very much for your replies. I can now relax a little In fact a lot as we just finished our bookings for next year.
Mike:thanks2::thanks2::thanks2::thanks2::thanks2::thanks2::thanks2::thanks2::thanks2:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
To be absolutely certain, just plug in and see what the reading is on a voltage meter. should be 14.5ish when charging.

You don't often find it charging the engine battery automatically, they usually just manage the leisure - more so with multiplex wiring, which is sensitive to external loads, so usually these are fed through an adapter or in isolation.

Flick the switch from lesiure to engine or cab when plugged in and test the reading. If 12-13 then it isn't, if 14 or a little over, then it is.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back