LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
does anyone have any advice about a elddis motor-home possible 165 model after looking at the layout and the spec of these vans its 1 im considering buying so any advice would be helpful thanks

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hi, there are a few of us with Eldiss motorhomes.

Speaking for myself I am really pleased with mine. I know they are on the lower end of the financial market but they serve their purpose and I just love mine. It is a second home to me and a retreat from any problems in my life.

I am sure GJH will come along and tell you his experiences too.

Where are you thinking of buying it from?

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
Hi
I have no personel experiance of the Elddis, but friends of mine have that model and love it, just a little info on Elddis it's the original manufactures name in reverse ie Siddle, there are a lot of them around so proof they are a good vehicle. Pete :thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
we are not sure yet where we will purchase the van but we are also considering if new or used is best but we may look to buy at the motorhome show at excel in February there maybe a good deal to be had buying from their i have been told

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
we are not sure yet where we will purchase the van but we are also considering if new or used is best but we may look to buy at the motorhome show at excel in February there maybe a good deal to be had buying from their i have been told

You are right about getting a good deal at a show, we bought our current van at the NEC last year and got a pretty good deal.

Just don't accept any first price offers as by February most dealers will be very keen to get your business......and when you get the price you are happy with then push for some extras.

Good luck

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
ok thanks for that advice

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
We have had one on a hire fleet for years with no problems, it has dealt wiuth it really well mind it is the older models which was always higher quality!:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought our van in June 2006 when it was just over 2 years old (registered March 2004).

The only expensive repair we've had was a new steering rack fitted this year as a result of a power steering leak but that was the Peugeot side rather than Elddis and could happen to any vehicle I suppose.

Otherwise one or two bits and bobs needed fixing over the years but all minor stuff which, again, could happen to any van.

All in all we've been very pleased with it.

Whether to buy used or new is the perennial question. As with any vehicle you take the hit with VAT etc. meaning the value drops as soon as you take it off the forecourt. Plus, if there are any teething troubles they will be found by the first owner. At the end of the day it depends on the deal you can get and whether it seems to be value for money.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
does anyone have any advice about a elddis motor-home possible 165 model after looking at the layout and the spec of these vans its 1 im considering buying so any advice would be helpful thanks

Look at Vehicles4Leisure (Google) they do exclusive Prestige models with several thousand pounds worth of useful extras included. They have a 165 in stock now, got my 120 from them and am very pleased:thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
It might also be worth you leaving your name and address with dealers that you may be interested in any that come in for part exchange.

I bought mine from a dealer the day after he took it in for part exchange ... it had 1000 (one thousand) miles on the clock and I believe I got a good deal. It was immaculate inside (then ..:Blush:) .. It is the 200.

Keep us informed. Joy

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
If you fancy a 120 56 plate you can buy mine for ÂŁ20,000p including all the gear.

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
sorry for late reply thanks but no thanks a 120 aint what we are looking for , still trying to make our minds to new or used like i said though best away to excell in Feb to decide will keep you informed of our progress but i hope to be on our 1st trip by April at the very latest will do a trip in UK 1St to get used to it all i cant wait
and merry Christmas all have a good 1:Smile::ROFLMAO:

Jan 15, 2012
north london
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2008
We bought our Autoquest 140 at the Birmingham show 4 years ago. Got a good deal and we love it. It's had a few little problems but nothing we couldn't sort ourselves. They are much cheaper than most, but we felt like you were often paying a lot of money for fancy bits and pieces like microwaves which we didn't really need.

Best thing we ever bought!

OP
OP
ukbill

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
hi sorry didnt get that model we decided on a ci cariosa 695 and find it a great buy off to spain on saturday and have already done a few trips in it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back