Elddis water heater (1 Viewer)

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
Help needed with my Elddis xpedition 100water heater, i cant get it to work from the electric suply, the manual that i have has a pic of a different control to the one i have + i'm totaly confused. :Blush:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
On our van the electric control for the water heater is just an on/off switch. The rotary control is just for the gas operation.

We're away (not in van unfortunately) until tomorrow but if you can post a snapshot of the controls in your van (either on list or by PM) I'll have a look at the van and our manual when we get back.

Graham

alf

Free Member
Apr 7, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Water Heater

If the water heater is a Truma Ultrastore the switch for the electricity supply if a fused switch
Be aware that this switch contains 2 fuses
The first to be removed is a spare fuse
The second is the actual working fuse.
The fuses are to the left of the switch and are 20mm glass fuses

Regards
Alf

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AlanVal

Free Member
Jan 3, 2008
S W Scotland.
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
Our Elddis has a red button on the end of the heater its reset button it pops out like a kettle does and you have to push it in again.otherwise we just have an on /off switch next to the gas water one.

Val

OP
OP
Scunny-Arfie

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
Thank you all i now have it working, was a fuse, now i keep getting airlock if not used after a 10 minute spell resulting in using most of the water just clearing the air out of the system. Us beginners. :Blush:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thank you all i now have it working, was a fuse, now i keep getting airlock if not used after a 10 minute spell resulting in using most of the water just clearing the air out of the system. Us beginners. :Blush:

Glad you got it sorted - but, as Brian says, worth keeping an eye on it.

When I refill the tank after our system has been drained I normally pull the cold then hot water through using the sink tap. Air in the system soon clears. I don't normally use the basin and shower taps until we are on site but haven't experienced any problems, just a bit of spluttering for a few seconds - the taps, not me ::bigsmile:

I don't know if there are any non-return valves in the water system but I think there may be as emptying the cold tank doesn't seem to empty the heater (need to open the drain valve on the heater to do that). It might be worth checking if there is a NR valve which is allowing the water to drain back from the heater to the cold tank.

Graham

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back