Elddis Tank Heater Relay (1 Viewer)

Dec 16, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New
We had a winter pack fitted to our 2015 Elddis 155.It appears that the tank heaters come on even when the van is not occupied hence draining down the leisure battery to beyond redemption.
Our dealers expected us to leave the van for the day for a half hour job but instead have got the part to fit ourselves.
Question.It looks very simple with 3 plugs , an on/off switch with relay and a 2metre length of wire.Where on the van do I look for the various bits.
I will contact Elddis Customer Care but I know their response could take some time

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
We had ours done by the dealer in the summer, took as you say 30 mins. They put the on off switch in-between our 1st and second batteries, not easy to get at, we have to lift the seat to get access. Not sure which bits go where but I can get a pic of ours if it's any help.

OP
OP
C
Dec 16, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New
Thanks for your reply.Managed to get through to Elddis at second go on the phone.Spoke to a very understanding Nichola who put me in touch with a mobile approved service agent living in Sheffield!.Much better then the 80 mile trip across the Pennines.I'll be able to see what the problem was for myself

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 17, 2009
Funster No
Good, glad your getting it sorted. We have a 175 picked up in April, done 7,000 miles since then, the only complaint I have is a creaking above the cab, the dealer say's it is a common problem and without using a tin opener on the cab there is nothing they can do. I shall write to Mr Siddle and explain the error of their workmanship ! Hope yours doesn't creak !

OP
OP
C
Dec 16, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New
Main issue we had was the kitchen sink didn't drain at all.The drain pipe had to be moved.But in time the pipe pulled itself out of the plug connection allowing the drain water to seep behind fridge and bench seats..There were 13 other snags but hopefully all have been sorted under warranty
Hate the size of the grey water waste,I can p** faster

OP
OP
C
Dec 16, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New
Motorhome wave..appears the mobile service has gone out of business.If it's possible could you send a photo.There are 3 white plugs and a long yellow wire with a spade clip.It must be very easy to fit

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back