Elddis autostratus 1997

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by AndrewandShirley, Jun 9, 2012.

1. AndrewandShirley

AndrewandShirley Read Only Funster

Does anyone else own one of these?

If so:
    Can you walk on the roof? Ours has a factory fitted ladder and front roof rails.

Can you get cross roof bars for the front roof rails?

Thanks

BTW Planning to subscribe when the pensions come in!!

2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

I certainly wouldnt with a vehicle of that age, its asking for trouble by splitting dried mastic joints. thinking back, the front roof bars on those vans were more cosmetic than practical too, and the rear ladder was to aid access to an optional topbox toward the rear where the roof is reinforced with a layer of ply

3. teknik155

teknik155 Funster

eldiss autostratus 1997

NO WAY walk on the roof or decide to put toomuch on rack.I'll explain I own a 1999 EB and on my roof I have a bulbous area at the front and a bulbous area at the back if you look at the flat bit inbetween you will see 2 joints/seals going across the width thats the weak area.The bulbous areas either end are even weaker i'll not even lean on mineas there is NO support underneath.
    About the ladder and roof rails have you seen what they are fixed on with? very short self tappers for both ladder and rails.
    And if you have the EB version don't think about a bike rack that uses the rear wall as there are no cross bars to bolt the rack to.
    With reference to the 2 roof sealsI get mine resealed every 2-3 years as the shape of the roof means the water just sits on the seals.Anything else just ask
    Sorry about the delay just decided to search under autostratus