elddis auto quest (1 Viewer)

freddieboy

Free Member
Aug 2, 2009
Funster No
hi all just about to purchase the above any comments advice etc would be much appreciated.... new to motorhoming cheers:Smile:(500rl model)

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
We bought an Autoquest 100 just over 3 years ago. At the time it was just over two years old. Been very pleased with it. As a 4 berth it works well for two of us.

If you have any specific questions/problems when you get yours don't be afraid to ask.

Graham

Last edited:
Upvote 0

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
It may be a bit late, but 'Discover Leisure' have 'Special' Versions of these motorhomes under the 'Firestorm' brand. They cost a little less, but have a few desireable extras.

Whatever you choose, I'm sure you will be perfectly happy. They are super vans!

Good luck with your new motorhome.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Not sure about the 500RL? Would that be the 400RL?

It is a very nice van - Check the payload figures carefully as the new vans are slightly heavier with a reduced user payload, the MWB van has a 1950kg rear axle which is good (better than my SWB 1650 anyway...)

Build quality is OK but be prepared for a bit of DIY - Check the drop down sink works OK and drops to just short of horizontal.

Check the dealer has sealed the scuttle to the windscreen using a rather neat piece of tape supplied by Explorer, Check that the engine mods have been done ie: water catcher and engine cover.

and finally - reverse it up a hill and on grass (preferably wet)

I bought a 115 with a view to changing after two years if I liked the motorhoming thing, turns out I love the motorhoming thing but kept the van:thumb:

Upvote 0

Scunny-Arfie

Free Member
Sep 21, 2008
Scunthorpe
Funster No
Hi Freddieboy, i bought 1 some 3 months ago, had a few niggles but GJH (aka Graham) on this site has been of great assistance with pm's, pics + even phone calls (Thank you GJH).

I'm sure you will enjoy your new m/h + soon going to your 1st mhfun meet, i did last week + cant wait for my 2nd meet.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back