Elddis Aspire 215

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ronnieh, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Ronnieh

Ronnieh Read Only Funster

Hi All,
    New to the forum and motorhomes.

Going to look at an Aspire 215 on Saturday, any owners on here that could share their knowledge of this model before I shell out my life savings. These things cost more than I paid for my house! (it was 30 years ago)

Ronnie

2. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Hi Ronnie, Lots of people on here go on about Elddis and leaks .............. but I had an Autocirrus 200 and loved it. Did have one leak but it was because the sealant in a small area had come out and it was soon fixed.

Take your time looking and make sure it is what you want interior space wise. :)

3. Ronnieh

Ronnieh Read Only Funster

Hi movan,

Thanks for you comment.

We have been looking for a while now, and I'm sure we will have to compromise on something. The more space inside the larger the van becomes and not sure I want to go much longer than 7m in length.

• Like Like x 1
  4. jonandshell

jonandshell Funster

The Aspire range isn't renowned for having much of a payload.
    It might be worth checking out how much payload there is and how much stuff you wish to carry.

5. bluemog

bluemog Funster

Hi Movan

I had an Aspire 255 and the quality of build and 'extras' included in the price were first class. I traded in for a Chausson solely because the layout of the 255 was limiting for long-term living. We tour abroad for several months at a time and making up the fixed bed was awkward (placed in the corner), having to set up the table everytime, hunting under the bed for chairs etc became tiresome. Our new van has a huge garage and a permanent and adjustable table making everything a breeze.
    However it came with no radio, microwave or even a TV aerial (all standard on the Aspire and totally taken for granted)
    You won't regret buying the Aspire BUT ....... make sure the layout REALLY suits your needs.