Elddis 195 Autowatch 695 Alarm (1 Viewer)

John Rowe

Free Member
Jul 25, 2015
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 590RS
Exp
1 day
I recently bought a new Elddis 195. This came fitted with a autowatch 695 alarm. After a period of approximately 4 months the alarm appeared to have a mind of its own activating randomly day and night and no doubt mildly annoying my neighbours (To put it politely).

I discovered the issue was apparently Euro 4 van version had a plate incorporated just to the left of the bonnet catch so when the bonnet is closed the bonnet alarm plunger button is compressed and hence the alarm does not go off, unless entry is gained by forced means. On the Euro 5 version there is no plate and the insulation material inside the engine bay after a period of 4-5 months compresses and becomes ineffective resulting in the activation button being released and therefore the alarm randomly activates. Apparently there is a Foam Pack available from Elddis and this has to be requested. I personally adapted some foam rubber myself applied it to the indentation where the plunger connects which appears to have resolved the issue.

If you should encounter the same issue I hope this info helps.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
You can drill a hole in the side of the catch and fit the pin switch. Done this on last two euro 5 MHs. Then you don't have to worry. Take the catch off and drill a hole about half way down the side.on the left looking at it from the front. The arm that is released to unlock the bonnet will work the button.

cj1968

Free Member
Jul 13, 2019
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Hi QFour - your idea sounds good can you expand on the detail of the adaptation or send a photo of your improved fit please

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back