Elddis 175 Slow Draining Sinks

Discussion in 'Tech/Mech General' started by Cliffy38, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Cliffy38

Cliffy38 Funster

have noticed that both the kitchen and bathroom sinks have become slow draining. It is more noticeable if you have the drain tap open. First try was to clear the kitchen sink drain. I noticed a small hole towards the top of the tank which I assume is required to stop a vacuum. Pushed something through the hole and no resistance so assume it isn't blocked. Next attempt will be to remove all pipes to tank, flush them out and the tank. However any advice before I do this would be appreciated.

2. Eddystone

Eddystone Funster

Try putting toilet fluid down each followed by a little water and leave over night. I always pour fresh water down each when returning home from a trip to flush out any waste that may stick in the bends and low spots.

3. RS_rob

RS_rob Funster

Have you tested it with the drain valves open ?

4. fastpat

fastpat Read Only Funster

Clears with a bit of negative pressure - remove plugs, open drain valve, accelerate to 70mph.

Always works for me.

5. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

a bottle of cheap cola down each plughole helps clear any fatty deposits and stop the pipes smelling too

my initial thought was that the pressure relief vent is blocked on the tank, but you say you've checked already