Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
Just wondering if anybody can let me know if the elddis 175 fresh water tank has an overfill outlet. I filled it up last time I went away and eventually heard water running from under the motorhome. It appeared to be coming from the top of the fresh water tap. In my last motorhome the tank was inside so I could see the level. Just wondered if this is right

Mar 26, 2015
geordie land
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Delaware
Exp
1980's
Hi :hi: Yes that's right, we have an Auto trail and the fresh and waist tanks both have overfill outlets. (y)

DurhamSpartan

Free Member
Feb 16, 2015
Blyth, Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Elddis Prestige SE 175
Exp
I'm new
Cliffy38'

We also have an Elddis 175 and I experienced the same, water coming out from somewhere near the tank but unable to locate the outlet. Spoke to a really helpful guy at the Elddis factory and he said the overfill outlet is on the very top of the tank and you cannot see it from underneath. He admitted it seemed a rather strange place for it to be located!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the vent is on the top of the tank for 2 reasons.
1 to prevent overfilling
2 to release air from the tank to allow it to fill quicker

on board tanks tend to have a pipe coming from the top of the tank directed through the floor for the same purposes. water overflowing when the tank is full is perfectly normal

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Cliffy38

Cliffy38

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
many thanks for all of your help. still learning the difference between a 15 year old Carioca and a 2 year old Elddis.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back