Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
Just that we have just purchased a 2 year old 175 prestige to replace our 15 year old CI Carioca 10. Just wanted to know what people thought of them

Upvote 0
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
My 100 is 3 years old in May _ I have only had it three weeks but it seems great - had to tidy up a few bits that the previous owner had "altered" but all in all its pretty good - and 100% better than our previous 20 year old panel van conversion!

Upvote 0

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 4th January 2015, first registered in January
I have a Prestige 175, and her indoors calls it her second home. We have been away in it twice now and we both love it.
The rear has the loo, shower, wash sink and a nice double wardrobe with twin rails.
This leaves the rest of the van without issues, large fridge freezer, which can be easily converted to a very large fridge, the oven and hob is well placed, the bench seats hold four persons. These can pull out into two singles, pull out the seat and drop the back rest straight down, pull out the slider section below the seat to the edge and you have two beds. Or, pull out as far as you can, move the seats together, And drop the back rests over to lay flat for a double.
Her indoors and I use the first option, as she is a diabetic and needs the loo at night, this does not disturb me (brilliant).
It also has cruse control which is very handy, in all I think it is a brilliant vehicle.

Flook

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cliffy38

Cliffy38

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
Many Thanks Flook, I have just purchased a Prestige SE 175, 2013, but cant collect until the 15th of May:(. Didn't think to take lots of pictures so just a memory at the moment.

Upvote 0

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
When you see it again you will say that immortal word .... WOW, and when you look inside you will fall for it again. Mine has cruse control and this is great for motorways etc, just flip up the cruse lever and away you go, remember tho, it drops out when you change gear and hit your breaks.

Who are you getting it from?

Upvote 0

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
mine is the 400. had it 25 years, from new. still going strong. we hope you can keep it as long as us.:rock:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cliffy38

Cliffy38

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
Hi flook bought from Glossop caravans, bought it at the Peterborough motorhome show. Have to say the biggest Nick Nack ever!!!! They are taking in my old 2000 Carioca 10 so just a swop over. Looking forward to being able to slob on the seats as opposed to bolt upright in a 5 berth. Has a gold coloured cab, which I think sold it for my wife. Cruise control and cab air conditioning was the added bonus. All I wanted was a bigger fridge, obviously for the beer not food, and a microwave, both included. Happy days, still trying to remember if it has grp sides or ally. Looking at the brochure should be grp and grp underfloor to stop water. Assume that's why they give a 10 year water ingress guarantee. Happy days and looking to my tour of Scotland in July in a new (er) motorhome. Me the wife and the 3 dogs

Upvote 0

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Sounds similar to mine, gold front, looks the real biz. The bench seats are made for slobbing on and the fridge, well, convert into a large beer fridge by removing the freezer box, simples. Then freshen up in the luxury corner shower, OMG the sheer luxury of it all.

You will defo enjoy your journey, take it easy.

Oh yes, it is grp.

Flook

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cliffy38

Cliffy38

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
Flook just a bit of help. In the manual it says that the mains should charge the leisure battery and the 12v system. However where do you have the panel switch set to aux or o. As the 12v lights don't work if the panel is in the o position. So assume you are using the leisure battery which is being charged by mains. Any help appreciated

Upvote 0

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Either will do, but remember, when you have the switch to on, power is open to all 12v sections. It is advisable to have the on/off switch on the control panel set to the off position just to charge. While you are on site and on hookup it is up to you when you leave your MH whether you turn it off or not. I have only been away twice in mine and have left it on, this is due to the fridge being kept cool all day.

I know we have had good and bad weeks of late, but her indoors is suffering from a back issue again, so everything is on hold, what a bugger eh.

Upvote 0

Flook

Free Member
Jan 1, 2015
Chelveston, Northants
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Cliffy, so by now you would have picked up your 175, three day's on, what are your impressions, and any photo's to show?:)(y)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Cliffy38

Cliffy38

Free Member
Aug 29, 2013
Harlow
Funster No
MH
Elddis 175 Prestige
Exp
since 2012
Very Happy with it, drives really well and an added bonus that I can hear the radio above the Engine. Hope your wife gets better soon and you can be out on the open road again. Unfortunately my better half is working this bank Holiday so a couple of weeks before we can get the benefit from a weekend away. Pictures to follow but will update my profile picture.

Upvote 0
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
We have a compass (elddis) avantgarde 150 2007 year everything we need, no intention of ever swopping it(y):)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back