Free Member
May 29, 2014
Worcester
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick
Exp
since 2013
Would like visit this site this month it's at the Elan Valley,has any one camped there and if so would you reccommend it.;)

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
We stayed here earlier this year and really liked it even though the weather was rubbish. The dam and lake further up the valley are stunning, very good walking area, nice pub within walking distance, dog friendly................ what more could you want. Would definitely return.

nigglynelly

Free Member
Jul 31, 2009
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
You can also cycle around the dams and the area is stunning and the locals were very friendly. There is an information centre about half a mile from the site which also does food. The site has a barrier and you need to collect the code from an electrical shop in the town before going to the site. Have a great time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 21, 2013
Vienne France
Funster No
MH
VW T4 & MC LOUIS 671
Exp
2013 / 2004
We stayed there 24th dec to 30th dec 2014 wow fab site.
Will deffonatly be going back there loved it. We have our little dogi and we took our bikes so enjoyed every bit. The hotel accross the road s sunday lunch was good too and hot choci at the cafe at the dam was good too.

Dec 28, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van conversion I think!
Exp
I'm a newbie aug 14
We had a lovely holiday here a few years ago. My husband, dog and I did a survey of the gates along the path to the visitors centre and along the Élan Valley. There is a lovely cafe in rhyader called the Old Swan.

Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
The locals are very friendly;) can't add much more than whats already been said, but I loved it so much I moved here, so I have no doubt you will love it too, if you need any help just shout(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I used to ride over this way regular as we loved the twisty winding A483 from Newtown to Builth Wells - then head to Elan Valley and on to Abba for an ice cream by the sea, this site looks nice so may have to try the route out in the van (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back