El Puerto De Sta Maria

Discussion in 'Best Campsites for Chilling Out' started by hilldweller, May 4, 2015.

1. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Close to Cadiz, Jerez.

It is Port Sherry, where all our sherry was shipped from, sherry coming from Jerez. So a town with real character and sherry tasting opportunities.

We stayed at Camping las Dunas. Right on the front opposite a glorious long beach and a short walk to town. You can cycle for miles in town and along the coast. Great place for a long stay, take the water bus to Cadiz. Visit the sherry houses of Jerez. Visit the race track at Jerez.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@36.5...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1saxG2DrJV2MTg18YarF0yBA!2e0

• Like Like x 2
  2. TerryL

TerryL Funster

Stayed there ourselves a couple of times - love it. But watch the weather if you're taking the water bus to Cadiz. If it is, or has been, windy the configuration of the bay makes that one hell of a choppy trip! We came back by train...............

3. sciac2001

sciac2001 Funster

Cadiz, what a lovely place to visit.... and the local delicasies are up there amongst the very best.
    (Nice boat-ride from El Pto de SM, especially if the US Navy aircraft are flying overhead from nearby Rota.)

4. The Dude

The Dude Funster

Hi Brian - we were there 10 days ago waiting out the predicted thunderstorms. Now at Marjal and feeling inadequate - we've only got a motorhome and a scooter and everyone else here seems to have every acoutrement imaginable - some of the pitches look like mix of Ikea and garden centres. Here for a couple of nights then onto L'Orangeraie at Calig (2512 in ACSI). Safe journey.

5. Yorick

Yorick Funster

I stayed at that site the night before I got the ferry over to Lanzarote before Xmas :)

And I'll be staying there again July 20th, the night before the same ferry :)

Wish I'd been over at the weekend and been able to pop over and watch a little bike race :)