LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Okay, here is a daft question ...... is LPG easy to obtain in Eire and will we need an adapter?

Also is diesel more or less expensive in Eire or NI? I am guessing a lot will depend on the exchange rate :)

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Its about 3years since I was there but I remember I had some difficulty obtaining LPG. I was directed to a farmers cooperative. I have no idea of the recent prices of fuel I am sorry to say. You might be able to find out on line.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Diesel prices seem to be about the same as here but in Euros rather than £s.

I think we will just top up the LPG if we see it and the tank is around half full or less. I am not going to panic about it! I'll probably buy a set of adapters anyway as they will come in useful if and when we go to Europe.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 11, 2013
Gillingham
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Just looked on my Lpg EU and there are a few it may pay to write down some addresses so you have them to hand if you are not able to access the internet. I have always found it best to carry my own adaptors.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
There is an Irish hymer owners group on Facebook. There may be other groups who may know more.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
His Helen. .. diesel may be slightly cheaper in the south but not a lot in it now.
Didn't have bother finding gas and didn't require an adapter...
Andy.

joeo's

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
https://www.mylpg.eu/stations/ireland/list

Still plenty stations but numbers have declined greatly as "conversions" to LPG are very rare these days. No Continental adapters required.

Diesel is €1.20 - €1.29 but varies somewhat from location to location. Definitely, (currently) cheaper in the South of Ireland.

Whenever you see a Taxi at a pump, that's the place to get a refill!

Have a look at the Irish Motorhome Forum, Motorhomecraic's map re Parking and POIs.

Enjoy your trip!!

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Just looked on my Lpg EU and there are a few it may pay to write down some addresses so you have them to hand if you are not able to access the internet. I have always found it best to carry my own adaptors.

Approx 70 in Ireland according to lpg.eu

The map on this page suggests the stuff is available but not so many places in the Wild West.
https://www.mylpg.eu/stations/ireland/

I have copied the list suggested by John and printed it out for us to take, but basically if we see LPG and think we might need it we will get some.

Adaptors are on the way from Autogas2000 in case we need them :)

Today I have been making a note of where we will be and when for the family. Basically don't expect us to be available until the end of July. We will be home for a few days between trips but we will be busy!!!!! Probably more often sleeping in the van bed than the home bed.

And my Dad said "You don't really use that caravan thing you bought do you?"

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
According to MyLpg there are loads

IMG_6856.jpg

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
On our recent trip to Ireland (North and South) I didn't buy LPG until we were back in NI, but my understanding was that if we had needed it in the South, an Acme connection would be required? This wouldn't have been a problem as our MH, being North American, is Acme by default and requires an adapter for UK LPG pumps. So is it not the case that the ROI uses the Acme connector?

joeo's

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Hymer 534
Exp
OOPS ACME (outside diameter 45mm) is the standard connector in Ireland.
Is that different to the UK? If so Mea Culpa.

OP
OP
Puddleduck

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On our recent trip to Ireland (North and South) I didn't buy LPG until we were back in NI, but my understanding was that if we had needed it in the South, an Acme connection would be required?

A full set of adapters has been ordered from Autogas2000 :) Handy to have anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back