EHU not Charging (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Whilst we were away on our jolly round France we had a prob with the control panel/charging unit which meant the liesure battery was'nt charging on the EHU but when we ran the engine no probs...we went to the dealers today...confirmed charger U/S..this is a brand spanking new van Autocruise Startrail well six months old why should a charging unit fail after such a short time??!!
The sparky told me that this is a problem with Autocruise as they have had a spate of this happening lately..thats really the only major fault...no water ingress in the engine bay....no judder..(yet!!)

There have been a couple of bits of trim come off but the service manager at the dealers has been all apologies and replaced them himself (as he says you paid all this money you want it to look right)

I'll just say as I know Swift the holding company of Autocruise check this and other forums it's over to you Swift for your reply

Jim I hope I have'nt broke any rules here

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Should it fail after only 6 months, course not BUT
its electrical and just like anything mechanical or electrical it has a % of units fail early some may not even work out of the factory, the fault lies fully with the units manufacturers not Swift or the guy who fitted it, ultimatley who ever supplied the Motor home carries the can:Doh:

DESCO

Free Member
Mar 11, 2009
London
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
18 years +12 years tugging
Should it fail after only 6 months, course not BUT
its electrical and just like anything mechanical or electrical it has a % of units fail early some may not even work out of the factory, the fault lies fully with the units manufacturers not Swift or the guy who fitted it, ultimatley who ever supplied the Motor home carries the can:Doh:

Agree during my time as a service engineer have known parts fail before I have even left the site,.................known as sods law.

Dave:thumb::thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Mine had a new one after only 3 months, prior to my ownership.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back