EHIC (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Just recieved my ehic card ....if i have to use it how does it work? I am hoping to be in spain and france....

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
A question for you first ... have you also got personal travel insurance? If not then you should seriously consider getting it as the EHIC card will only cover so much (can't remember exactly) but isn't the same as our NHS and certainly not for repatriation etc if needs be.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I had occasion to use mine in France last year. It entitles you to the same as the local citizens. When it came to paying they accept the card for some of the cost. There are bits you have to still pay and reclaim off your travel insurance (it amounted to £17 and I was happy enough to pay that myself without bothering to reclaim it)

Wyn

Clickem

Free Member
May 20, 2014
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
7 years
I can only speak from experience of Spain. Your EHIC card should give you basic health care. The two areas that they will extensively treat are HEAD and HEART, otherwise they would patch you up to travel home.

If you need an ambulance ensure that it is not private, or they will take you to a private rather than a state hospital. Hospitals will always try to use your insurance, before your EHIC, it pays better

Keep well

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back