EH1C renewal (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Boring, but hopefully helpful. As we got our EH1Cs out for last week's trip to Belgium, Mrs E noted that they expired in a couple of weeks' time. Easy to forget they have an expiry date, so thought I'd post a reminder here. And don't be tricked into using anything other than the official NHS site - www.nhs.uk/ehic‎ - there are sharks in the webby waters....

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Yep, a common scam - just applied to renew ours and the official NHS site was about five down from the top :Angry:

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have two , intelligent friends who were caught by this scam!!!!! As you say the legit website is about 5 down from the top.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
My Google gave the NHS site 2nd in the list with top one saying "Ad" beside it. I had a look at a couple of the non-legit sites, one charging about £10 the other £49, and if you landed on their site and just clicked "Apply" you would be in trouble, because you have to scroll down to get the disclaimer. At least the disclaimers are more obvious now. I also Googled Passport Application. The top "Ad" was for the USA, the next "Ad" was for Northern Ireland and the next 7 were all official UK.Gov sites. Maybe things are improving.

OP
OP
E
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Update: new EHICs received today, less than a week after my application. Typically rubbish performance from lazy public sector clowns...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back