EH1C renewal

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by ericonabike, Mar 2, 2014.

1. ericonabike

ericonabike Read Only Funster

Boring, but hopefully helpful. As we got our EH1Cs out for last week's trip to Belgium, Mrs E noted that they expired in a couple of weeks' time. Easy to forget they have an expiry date, so thought I'd post a reminder here. And don't be tricked into using anything other than the official NHS site - www.nhs.uk/ehic‎ - there are sharks in the webby waters....

• Like Like x 5
  2. DuxDeluxe

DuxDeluxe Funster Life Member

Yep, a common scam - just applied to renew ours and the official NHS site was about five down from the top :Angry:

3. MichelleRyall

MichelleRyall Funster

I have two , intelligent friends who were caught by this scam!!!!! As you say the legit website is about 5 down from the top.

4. Geejay

Geejay Funster

My Google gave the NHS site 2nd in the list with top one saying "Ad" beside it. I had a look at a couple of the non-legit sites, one charging about £10 the other £49, and if you landed on their site and just clicked "Apply" you would be in trouble, because you have to scroll down to get the disclaimer. At least the disclaimers are more obvious now. I also Googled Passport Application. The top "Ad" was for the USA, the next "Ad" was for Northern Ireland and the next 7 were all official UK.Gov sites. Maybe things are improving.

5. ericonabike

ericonabike Read Only Funster

Update: new EHICs received today, less than a week after my application. Typically rubbish performance from lazy public sector clowns...