EFoy (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
If you have any costs (even just approximate) could you post here, I am awaiting some literature from EFOY, I know they are expensive but seem to me to offer the ultimate solution i.e. permanent battery charging regardless of day / night and no need for petrol cans and noisy generators. Just a small conainer of methanol.

Did you miss this post ?

Reply from work:
Eileen, There are four power outputs of the Efoy, 600, 900,1200 and 1600. We
use the 1600 unit which generates 5.4 amp when needed. The two best sellers
are the 600 and the 1600. On all units we offer free fitting (max 2 hours)
and a free 5 litre cartridge of fuel. So on each Efoy unit there is a saving
of £100. Our unit has run for 120 hours and used 3/4 of a 10 litre fuel
container. There is very little noise, on fact we sleep on the bed over the
Efoy unit and cant hear it.

600:- £1649
900:- £2099
1200:-£2599
1600:-£2999
5 litres of fuel:- £17.99
10 litres of fuel:-£26.99

We have also developed a way of putting the output of the Efoy back into the
charging/240v system with the use a high power inverter. However this is
costly and not really needed. We have also fitted more Efoy systems than
anybody else in the U.K!!

Seems right Jim - sorry only had price for smaller system in my head. Boss is happy to answer any questions from members and I will give mobile phone number by PM if asked. :Smile:

MotorhomeWales

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
West Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
The 800 hours is what I would think 30 litres would supply on a 1600 Efoy. Our own test unit used by myself often sees 5.3a put into just one 110 amp leisure battery. My recent post shows we used 10l have had 203 hours use. We often have lights/t.v/DVD/Laptop and in the winter heating elements in the fresh water tank. Of the 1600 units we have supplied and fitted these figures have been replecated.

Hence in real life I think 30 litres should give close on 800 hours.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
The 800 hours is what I would think 30 litres would supply on a 1600 Efoy. Our own test unit used by myself often sees 5.3a put into just one 110 amp leisure battery. My recent post shows we used 10l have had 203 hours use. We often have lights/t.v/DVD/Laptop and in the winter heating elements in the fresh water tank. Of the 1600 units we have supplied and fitted these figures have been replecated.

Hence in real life I think 30 litres should give close on 800 hours.

Hi

I don't know about real life, I just do the sums:winky: We imported the first SFC units direct from the manufacturers in 2004 and have sold and imported them since.

The fuel is hard to get, the insurers are starting to veto the carrying of the methanol, the cost of the units is very high and the consumption of the fuel when used to give true electrical independence is greater that many people imagine (see the sums in my previous post from the EFoy website.

There are LPG powered units on test by samsung and Truma which will solve all of the fuel problems. This will however knock the bottom out of the market for the methanol powered cells.

Dylan, You have worked a way to take twelve volt from the EFoy to power and inverter to power the charger to charge the 12 volt batteries? Why would you do this? I know that you said that it was expensive, but it is also grossly ineffiecent, or have I got it wrong?

Eddie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
that's bellow the belt Eddie :cry::cry::cry:

The solution to all the problems (Eddies too) is a cell that runs on 'black waste' .. Site owners would then be BUYING it.. instead of charging for it.. :roflmto::roflmto: and when a big un rolled up .. whoopeee .. it's Christmas time :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Their is Jim, its called Methane ::bigsmile:
Years ago I fitted a compressor at a sewerage works around Dartford, it was one three if I remember rightly and aerated the sewerage ponds, assisting the bacteria to breakdown the sewerage into Methane gas which was then fed back to the gas engines driving the compressors and generators that supplied electric for the whole place.

Only snag is it won't work with chemical waste as all the bacteria has been killed. :Doh:
But you and me don't use chemicals so we should be able to flog our poo. ::bigsmile:

Olley

Last edited:

Losos

Free Member
Feb 17, 2009
Suffolk & Czechland
Funster No
MH
Looking to buyi
Exp
N/a
Their is Jim, its called Methane ::bigsmile:
But you and me don't use chemicals so we should be able to flog our poo. ::bigsmile:
Olley

So if I've understood it right, you produce the poo and it can become Methane, which in turn could power your EFOY fuel cell, and keep the battery charged, which will power the microwave, which will cook the food, which you eat, and hey presto more poo and a virtuos circle ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile: Seems like the answer to the Greens.

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
Did you miss this post ?

I'm sorry Jim but I obviously did.

I find it hard to read all the previous posting fully when reading a long thread.

I must discipline myself a be more thorough.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spiritsfree

Free Member
Mar 12, 2010
Sandy, Beds.
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
LPG Fuel cells

Any one got any up-to-date info on Truma Lpg fuel cells.

If they are available, any feed back, and the cost please ?

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi maybe for sale at the end of this year, rumour suggests price could be as high as £6000

Link Removed

Olley

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back