LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2014
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Frankia 7900 Platin
Exp
since June 2014
@ScotJimland - back from work and my calculations come out at £3.51 per KWh based on the price of 10 Litre methanol refill so I agree it's expensive per KWh relative to domestic tariffs but probably cheaper than campsite charges for hook up.

@funflair - warnings in the installation manual about gasses in "exceptional circumstances may be harmful to your health" made me want to vent it outside the van.

Hope you get the smell sorted out and would be interested in knowing the outcome for future reference.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks @swelc I am awaiting a further response from EFOY, it does seem that most people vent the hot air to outside but EFOY themselves have not said that this should be done.

I will endeavour to update this thread with a conclusion.

Martin

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Hi @funflair I to have an Efoy and vent the waste, small plastic tube,to the outside from the garage but I do not vent the heat waste.
It just dissapates throughout the garage area when in use and to date no obnoxious smells.
There is plenty of room for the Efoy to operate with lots of air circulation.
When I fitted it after reading the manual I was very mindful of air circulation so that I could avoid fitting the heat venting duct.
Keep us posted with any fresh information(y)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi @funflair I to have an Efoy and vent the waste, small plastic tube,to the outside from the garage but I do not vent the heat waste.
It just dissapates throughout the garage area when in use and to date no obnoxious smells.
There is plenty of room for the Efoy to operate with lots of air circulation.
When I fitted it after reading the manual I was very mindful of air circulation so that I could avoid fitting the heat venting duct.
Keep us posted with any fresh information(y)

Thanks Steve

Same as mine then but no smell that's the way I thought it should be.

Cheers

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
OK everybody here is the update I promised.

EFOY said there is something not right so they sent a link to the returns form on their web site, sure enough within a couple of days the unit was picked up and shipped back to Germany for a dose of looking at.

Several e-mails confirmed receipt and tracked its progress towards and through the workshop, after about a week we had confirmation that the unit had been repaired and would be shipped back out to us, I asked what the problem was and they said it was a faulty heat exchanger and had been renewed.

Got to be honest and say the service has been excellent, and I assume that all will be as it should be once it is refitted, but I will confirm just to wrap this up.

Thanks all for your input.

Martin

Apr 23, 2010
Isle Of Man
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 years
Thats excellent news Martin,did it require any software updates? maybe done by them anyway,must check mine for software updates.:xThumb:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Steve

I don't know if the software is in the unit or the controller as I only sent the base unit off but it is a question I was going to ask when I get it back and all fitted. Hopefully if it's in the base they will have done it anyway.

Martin

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Graham

That's a very generous offer thank you BUT sadly the wiring is all still in place so will have to go back into ours.

Thanks anyway.

Martin

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Graham

That's a very generous offer thank you BUT sadly the wiring is all still in place so will have to go back into ours.

Thanks anyway.

Martin
Details, details. Some people just can't think outside the box :LOL:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Little update time.

EFOY unit arrived back today, they dont say what they have done BUT I assume replaced the heat exchanger as their sheet simply says heat exchanger "defect".

They have also updated the software and I have fitted it back to the van this morning, I left it running for a couple of hours and then stuck my head in the garage and no smell so I reckon its sorted now.

OK it should not have been "defective" straight out of the box but other than that I can't fault their service at all.

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back