LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Christmas markets start in Edinburgh at the weekend, did anyone go last year ? are they worth a visit ? I have a few days free next week so thought we could go up for a couple of days. Will decide after I see the weather forecast.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
We went and then went on to the Highlands for New Year. The market is excellent and we enjoyed lots of hot spice wine and ciders

Definitely will be going back next year, as the family are complaining about us being away (free lunch lol) for Christmas so will be staying at home this year.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I would say it's worth a visit, we tend to go each year and will be going again this year since Sophie is studying there. If your in the CC there's a nice but basic CL at Damhead just a few minutes from the ski slope and easy access from by pass. There are shops and resturants with in 10 mins walk as is the bus stop to town.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
golly

golly

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 16, 2009
Land of the Prince Bishops
Funster No
MH
HYMERCAR PVC
Exp
since August 2009
Thanks @eddievanbitz & @lorger sounds as if it's worth a trip depending on weather, we have been up a couple of times earlier in the season and usually stay on the CC site on Marine Drive, its not too bad for transport into the city.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back