Edinburgh and St Andrews wildcamping (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi
We are thinking of heading to Edinburgh then St Andrews for a few days and wondered if anyone knew of any good wildcamping spots. I have heard you can use the park and ride for Edin but a couple of conflicting stories about staying overnight.

Many thanks
Gerry

Nov 26, 2007
Exeter
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2006
Park & Ride

Hi There,

We stayed in a park & Ride in Edinburgh over night back in May, there are spaces marked for caravans when we arived i called the phone number for the buses and was told that we can stay over night and not to worrie as there is cctv 24 hrs. This park & Ride was up near the outlet stores Sorry that is all i can tell you except we had no trouble.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Don't know any wildcamping places in Edinburgh, unless the Sherifhill Park & Ride can still be used ?

About 7 miles south of St Andrews on the coast is the village of Kingsbarn.
Approaching from the south, on the A917,as you enter the village you will see a sign to the right, indicating down a lane for the Coastal Path. (I think it's called "Back Stile" )The lane is quite narrow, but with plenty of passing places and if you follow it for approximately a mile you will come out at a large gravel car park. It's overlooking the sea and beach. There weren't any No Overnighting signs displayed.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...2605,-2.644787&spn=0.002518,0.006856&t=h&z=17

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Gerry,
Re the Edinburgh Park & Rides, not sure that they are available now.
Over the past few months they have had some problems with the travelling fraternity moving in and then staying as long as possible and then unfortunately leaving a bit of a mess behind.
I am led to believe that anyone attempting to overnight will be moved on immediately.
This is all from talk so not gospel.
Mind you if want to visit the city they are great value, free parking and I am sure £2.40 return to city centre - the parking out by the airport is excellent always plenty of space and easy access to the motorways. :thumb:

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi all
Thanks for your replys i will go to the park and ride and ask the attendant if its ok if not i have been told there is a good spot just outside Edinburgh. Will then just have to drive back in next morning.

Gerry

dav

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Funster No
Hi
I am a local (Edinburgh) and see MH parked in ocean terminal car park, great local facilities.
The bottom of Kings road has a nice bit on the prominade also.
Give them a google , good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back