Eddie according 125 any views (1 Viewer)

mark and sharon

Free Member
Apr 10, 2015
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
Sun seeker
Exp
a newbie
Hi all,
Narrowing down our search. Anyone had any experience of the Eddie accordo 125? Build quality leaks etc?

Kind regards Mark and Sharon

donnieban

Free Member
Jun 19, 2016
Highland
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
A newbie
10 year water ingress warranty. 6.0m, big garage, transverse bed but a bit snug. Not the best build quality. If I was buying British it would be a Bailey.

I was pro German but I am rethinking that now having viewed a couple of newish Bailey motorhomes, keen pricing too.

Upvote 0

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I had an Elddis mh .. lots of people call them .... I LOVED mine and still miss her ... the layout was perfect for me.. :(

Upvote 0
OP
OP
mark and sharon

mark and sharon

Free Member
Apr 10, 2015
Lutterworth
Funster No
MH
Sun seeker
Exp
a newbie
Thank you for all your responses. Still so hard to decide on which motorhome to go for. Regards sharon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
If your buying 2nd hand, remember the 10 year water ingress only applies to the FIRST owner.
Second and subsequent owners only get 6 years (from date of first registration) and you need to make sure all the past hab checks have been carried out on time otherwise they won't transfer the warranty....

Upvote 0

cbrown1360

Free Member
Aug 24, 2015
Lymington
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2014
We have the Accordo 105 which is a different layout to the 125. Build quality not great - lots of door handles and catches have come off, sink drain came adrift, battery charger packed up and shelves don't fit very well. All on a less than 3 year old van. Would not buy Elddis again. Continental van next time.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Had a different Eldiss (Marquis variant) briefly.

Shocking build quality.

Got rid of it pretty quickly.

Would never have another.

Upvote 0
Apr 18, 2009
Englishman in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584, A Class
Exp
Not long enough!
I hired an Elddis once and some bits did fall off:D but I did quite like their L shaped lounge one, think it was a 150 felt vary spacious for a small van, we looked at a couple when we were buying but couldn't find one with a 2.2 engine so gave up(y)

Upvote 0

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Would probably never buy a foreign motorhome other than maybe a rapido because the layouts just donot suit my style of touring ..so many good British built motorhomes are out there to choose from. Roy

Upvote 0

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
From an engineering point of view,all the motorhomes I have seen at the low end of the market are built by total knob ends, selftappers, sealant, badly cut woodwork and not even painted or treated. Staples, Lino, rough bits here and there, stupid catches and crap design on everything.

I have a new build elddiss 135. I'm happy cos I got a great deal on it, paid the same as a secondhand one thru 3 years research and refusing to paid the ticket price. New base van no mot for 3 years, not been ragged, plastic underneath, no damp, 6 miles on the clock, and all of the above!

Don't expect a top notch build IMHO, just go around and fix it yourself. Some complain that carpet poppers dont latch.... cupboard latches bit dodgey, easy fix ... what do you expect? things shrink over time, and this stuff easily fixable by the dealer, if that's what you want. just make sure big stuff works, fridge, heating hot water etc. and dont forget its a wood box wrapped in plastic or aluminium. As long as theres no damp, do not expect top quality and haggle if you dont think its up to scratch... Should not be of course for what you pay for it, but get it and enjoy it that's my take on it.

Just my tuppence worth

Upvote 0

Camping Gaza

Free Member
May 7, 2016
La Châtre, Centre-Val de Loire France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Low profile
Exp
Converted a Fiat Ducato PV a while back
And there's more.... why not big solar on roof as standard? leds all round inc driving lights? Big Underslung LPG? battery to battery Charger? Storage Drawers and lockers in the skirt area, place to stow and transport suitcase generator, removable bike racks, removable ladder racks, removable tow bars, go on go on go on mrs doyle!

Upvote 0
Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
August and September we did a five week tour of Scotland sort of nw500 done anti clockwise . My van was totally shook up vibrated ,oo eer misses, proper rough roads really put to the test, i was gobsmacked every thing hab wise still worked .
Its a big older Hymer built like a tank.
Please spend your money wisely and think about whether you are going to be using your van all year round . Also look at the payload you have got available ie take the van to a weigh bridge before you buy.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back