beebee007

Free Member
Jul 5, 2015
Measham south Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail
Exp
motorhoming for 5 years had caravans some time before.
Hi I have aFiat ducato 3ltr tag axle motorhome and I am thinking of having the remap done on the ecu and would like to hear from others. Mine is the comformatic gear box and some times seems slow to go into top gear and changes down at the slightest incline.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
hi , ive run maps on last car and present van.. the company's ive used were celtic tuning and a lad called martin who runs vantuner.. he is highly regarded on the transit forum but does most vans and have to say I found him excellent ..if you want his mobile number drop me a pm... I had him do me a map which lifts the hp and torque by a small amount and also deletes the exhaust gas recirculation function from the ecu. ive got the map an a device that allows me to flash the ecu with the original ford map or run the modified map.
ta andy

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
be VERY cautious of remapping the motorhome as several members here have had serious issues after getting it done. the clutch is a very weak point and very expensive to replace especially more than once. then some mappers just leave you to it and wont acknowledge the issues or offer to replace the original map. search the forum for several previous threads on the subject including expensive first hand experience

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

beebee007

Free Member
Jul 5, 2015
Measham south Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail
Exp
motorhoming for 5 years had caravans some time before.
andy6post: 1477452 said:
hi , ive run maps on last car and present van.. the company's ive used were celtic tuning and a lad called martin who runs vantuner.. he is highly regarded on the transit forum but does most vans and have to say I found him excellent ..if you want his mobile number drop me a pm... I had him do me a map which lifts the hp and torque by a small amount and also deletes the exhaust gas recirculation function from the ecu. ive got the map an a device that allows me to flash the ecu with the original ford map or run the modified map.
ta andy

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
Had my 3L Ducato remapped by Angel Tuning a long time ago and was generally happy with the performance of the engine (although throttle response was v sensitive and I struggled not to spin the front wheels all the time) and fuel economy but the van produced a cloud of black smoke when accelerating particularly from roundabouts etc. This caused issues at the MoT when it didn't go through the fast passed check and had to be rechecked quite a few times and Angel no interest in sorting it out. I've had the standard map put back on the van now and the smoking has stopped, performance is down a bit but fuel economy has stayed the same. Throttle response is much better and so i'm finding it easier to drive smoothly.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 25, 2013
Dorchester, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Sad former owner
Exp
Since 1991
If it ain't broke, don't fix it! My motoring maxim for many years and it's not let me down yet! It seems like you are thinking of spending lots of beer tokens for a potential slight increase in mpg/performance/smoothness - so why bother?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back