Ecu Remap

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by beebee007, Jul 8, 2015.

1. beebee007

beebee007 Read Only Funster

Hi I have aFiat ducato 3ltr tag axle motorhome and I am thinking of having the remap done on the ecu and would like to hear from others. Mine is the comformatic gear box and some times seems slow to go into top gear and changes down at the slightest incline.

2. andy63

andy63 Funster

hi , ive run maps on last car and present van.. the company's ive used were celtic tuning and a lad called martin who runs vantuner.. he is highly regarded on the transit forum but does most vans and have to say I found him excellent ..if you want his mobile number drop me a pm... I had him do me a map which lifts the hp and torque by a small amount and also deletes the exhaust gas recirculation function from the ecu. ive got the map an a device that allows me to flash the ecu with the original ford map or run the modified map.
    ta andy

3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

be VERY cautious of remapping the motorhome as several members here have had serious issues after getting it done. the clutch is a very weak point and very expensive to replace especially more than once. then some mappers just leave you to it and wont acknowledge the issues or offer to replace the original map. search the forum for several previous threads on the subject including expensive first hand experience

4. beebee007

5. beebee007

Thank for the info andy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cossieg

Cossieg Funster

Had my 3L Ducato remapped by Angel Tuning a long time ago and was generally happy with the performance of the engine (although throttle response was v sensitive and I struggled not to spin the front wheels all the time) and fuel economy but the van produced a cloud of black smoke when accelerating particularly from roundabouts etc. This caused issues at the MoT when it didn't go through the fast passed check and had to be rechecked quite a few times and Angel no interest in sorting it out. I've had the standard map put back on the van now and the smoking has stopped, performance is down a bit but fuel economy has stayed the same. Throttle response is much better and so i'm finding it easier to drive smoothly.

7. DiggerJon

DiggerJon Funster

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! My motoring maxim for many years and it's not let me down yet! It seems like you are thinking of spending lots of beer tokens for a potential slight increase in mpg/performance/smoothness - so why bother?