LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Mine arrived today, will put it in tomorrow and try it out this weekend. I'll report back. :thumb:

I was surprised it comes with the hose too, was expecting just the head.

Last edited:

easygirl

Free Member
Nov 7, 2010
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
3 years
Ive fot a exo camel shower head for sale, its been fitted to our van and used twice, our new van has one fitted as standard
£15 posted?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Looking at one of these, any feedback would be appreciated.
Handy having a 30 day return option if not satisfied.
We're not away for a couple of weeks so will get one nearer the off.:thumb:

There is plenty of feed back in this thread already, just go back and read it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Use a trigger head meself, get the temp right:thumb:, wet, soap, trigger, temp still right:thumb:, no faffing about wasting water getting the temp right.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Mine arrived today.. Is fitted and I have tried it. It's right clever... Works well and seems to put out a lot of water.... Very "drenchy" .. I am happy.. Is a lot better than our oem one was... And we liked that..
Thanks for the heads up on this

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
After taking the one I had off didn`t work, ,hubby tried it on the on suite shower, his verdit, b.....useless. it is going to the charity shop tomorrow, perhaps someone else might get it to work on their system, pleased that others have found it works for them.

I am looking for a trigger shower head that will work with the Whale system, theres are a different screw fittings to the normal, smaller, does anyone know of a trigger head that will work please in my MH ?.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
After taking the one I had off didn`t work, ,hubby tried it on the on suite shower, his verdit, b.....useless. it is going to the charity shop tomorrow, perhaps someone else might get it to work on their system, pleased that others have found it works for them.

I am looking for a trigger shower head that will work with the Whale system, theres are a different screw fittings to the normal, smaller, does anyone know of a trigger head that will work please in my MH ?.

Are you sure it is the electric shower version?

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
It doesn't matter what boiler you have the only limitation is your water pressure. If your existing shower is ok this will be an improvement.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
No it is not the electric version, we haven`t an electric shower.

That is why it is no good.
For motorhomes/caravans you MUST buy the version for electric and low pressure systems as linked to previously

SEE what it says below the middle one here
Broken Link Removed

Last edited:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
It doesn't matter what boiler you have the only limitation is your water pressure. If your existing shower is ok this will be an improvement.

Our original showers are ok straight off the tank, have put back the original shower head tonight and it works great.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Our original showers are ok straight off the tank, have put back the original shower head tonight and it works great.

So Daisy Mae.. You bought the wrong shower head.. Thats why it doesn't work correctly as techno100 said.

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I DID NOT BUY the wrong type, I had a choice of one for electric showers and the other one was for NON electric showers, I bought the latter, as we do not have electric showers, not when we have a tank full of 90gallons of very hot water,anyway it was not for my Motor home it was for the house, we do have one in the caravan, that was in when we bought as new last year, and is very good that is the only reason I bought one for the house.That is how it is, end of.

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
If you enter the word "BAILEY" for the promo code you will get another 25% off !!:thumb::thumb:

Karl

Mine arrived yesterday - very impressive performance :thumb:

Quote "V1" to get £10.00 off any order over £25.00 on ecocamel.com

This expires 31st May 2014

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years

Remember if you buy this type of item online you are protected by the European Distance Selling Regulations and have 7 days to cancel your order FOR ANY REASON

Even if you have bought the wrong version :Blush:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Ours came today too - didn't realise it would come with a new chrome pipe an'all. Have fitted it but not tried it yet - will do tomorrow.

Will report back tomorrow.

Trikeman. :winky:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Mine arrived yesterday - very impressive performance :thumb:

Quote "V1" to get £10.00 off any order over £25.00 on ecocamel.com

This expires 31st May 2014

Equals £23.90 delivered :thumb:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Remember if you buy this type of item online you are protected by the European Distance Selling Regulations and have 7 days to cancel your order FOR ANY REASON

Even if you have bought the wrong version :Blush:
Hardly applies as I have had mine two years, been in a cupboard ever since.

I did not buy on line, why did I buy the wrong version,? I bought it for the HOUSE and we DO NOT HAVE ELECTRIC SHOWERS, yes we do have two, didn't work on either of them not as good as the shower heads we already have, I didn`t want it for my motorhome, I just want the trigger head ( for my Motor home ) which will not fit the smaller Whale systems.

I am pleased so many of you are satisfied, we weren`t not a crime surely,? I paid for it so my loss. We are happy with the ones we have in the house and the one in the caravan, just my motor home to get sorted or more likely have to accept it as it is.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
I don't think you've got it yet. It's not the electric shower part but the low pressure systems .
If you have a low pressure system like a Motorhome then you need the "electric and low pressure" version whether you have an electric shower or not is irrelevant

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
BUT I didn`t want it for my motor home , did you get that :Doh:

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Well, to add a little positive to all this, just tried ours in the MoHo via the pump and it's fantastic. Makes a little 'hissing' where the air draws in through the two holes but what a fantastic experience.
:thumb:
Now draining down - don't trust this blip in the weather. :roflmto:

Thanks all for the recommendations and discount links.

Regards,

Trikeman. :winky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back