Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Hi

Could anyone please confirm, When connected to power supply at home, we wish to charge batteries, with the charger unit in MH wardrobe switched ON.

Does the EC200 control panel above door need to be on also or will charging take place with the control panel still in OFF position.? The Motorhome is a 2003 Swift Kontiki 645.

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
No the panel does not need to be on.
Phil.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Here you go,,

Link Removed

As stated the panel above the door should not need to be on.. But make sure the EC200 is turned on.

Oct 5, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
firebrand campervan
Exp
if the panel above the door is not turned on it should charge just the leisure battery if how ever the panel is on and only the top left button on, your leisure bettery will be charged but if you press the second button in from the top left you can run your 12v van bits from the vehicle battery and also charge the vehicle battery if the charger is on. at least that is how it works on our swift kon tiki.

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
if the panel above the door is not turned on it should charge just the leisure battery if how ever the panel is on and only the top left button on, your leisure bettery will be charged but if you press the second button in from the top left you can run your 12v van bits from the vehicle battery and also charge the vehicle battery if the charger is on. at least that is how it works on our swift kon tiki.

Thanks very much

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
Here you go,,

Link Removed

As stated the panel above the door should not need to be on.. But make sure the EC200 is turned on.
Very helpful thank you

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000

@Mark5204 why not call or email Sargent for a definate answer, they are quite helpful.
On later models the Charger units are "smart" and it selects the battery that needs the charge first. My understanding on the EC200 is that it may just charge both at once. The button selection on the control panel allows you to select a battery as the "source". A feature as a back up if your leisure battery is flat of has a problem, however needs to be used with care in case you flatten the engine battery and then cant start.
I am not convinced that you need to wither select the battery on the panel or that it does in fact change the charging.. Later model, yes.. On my EC500 you can manually select to charge either battery and by EHU or solar. Or leave the "smart" charge to sort it all..

Good luck anyway and if you do contact Sargent let us know the outcome. :)

OP
OP
Mark5204

Mark5204

Free Member
Jan 20, 2015
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
@Mark5204 why not call or email Sargent for a definate answer, they are quite helpful.
On later models the Charger units are "smart" and it selects the battery that needs the charge first. My understanding on the EC200 is that it may just charge both at once. The button selection on the control panel allows you to select a battery as the "source". A feature as a back up if your leisure battery is flat of has a problem, however needs to be used with care in case you flatten the engine battery and then cant start.
I am not convinced that you need to wither select the battery on the panel or that it does in fact change the charging.. Later model, yes.. On my EC500 you can manually select to charge either battery and by EHU or solar. Or leave the "smart" charge to sort it all..

Good luck anyway and if you do contact Sargent let us know the outcome. :)
Thank you. Yes I have emailed them and currently waiting for a reply. I've had varied thoughts on whether or not it needs to be switched on. Really appreciate your input and will update when I've spoken to them.

Jun 16, 2014
NOTTINGHAM
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Savannah
Exp
Almost a Newbie but not quite now.
Did you ever get an answer to this question from Sargent Mark ?? I have the EC325 which I change from leisure to vehicle batteries every 3 or 4 days to ensure alarm does not drain and at this time of year (November) the solar is not enough to keep topped up.

Jul 14, 2022
Funster No
MH
swift wao6crj
Hi

Could anyone please confirm, When connected to power supply at home, we wish to charge batteries, with the charger unit in MH wardrobe switched ON.

Does the EC200 control panel above door need to be on also or will charging take place with the control panel still in OFF position.? The Motorhome is a 2003 Swift Kontiki 645.

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Hi

??? A most peculiar first post replying to a six year old thread.

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
As long as the ec200 is switched on then your batteries should be charged. The control panel does not have to be on.
Phil

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back