Ebro (1 Viewer)

dav

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Funster No
Has anyone toured in this area, I would like to have a couple of days wild camping and having a go for a cat. Any advice on locations to camp and fish would be most welcome

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Try Caspe....fantastic fishing...Carp to 60lb...Cats to 150lb+

Attachments

• ecfriends8%20(1)_JPG.jpg
    ecfriends8%20(1)_JPG.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 19
  • ecfriends4_JPG.jpg
    ecfriends4_JPG.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 18
OP
OP
D

dav

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Funster No
Dave what was the permit situation, did you fish from the bank

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
In the village their is one b/b and bar,an english chap called john sorts everything for you ie tackle,bait,permits...his wife who is on the pic with the 55lb carp cooks breakfast on the bank.
This one got me into the Cat 100 club:Cool:

Attachments

• ec160_main_story.jpg
    ec160_main_story.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
D

dav

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Funster No
It looks fantastic, had you fished before for cats. We have fly fished and beach cast alot but this will be new to us.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I hope you let it go again after, around Ginestar, Mora D'ebre, Asco and Flix the locals dont like the german fishermen because they dont return the cats to the river.

Friends have started a site at Mora and have access rights to a good stretch of the Ebre

Link Removed

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Fished the Ebro many times when i lived in Spain,Been going to Caspe with 10/12 other blokes every June for the past 5/6yrs now...It's not relaxing..when that reel screems you have an hours fight on and those cats are fighters...just like the wife realy:ROFLMAO:

Three at once

Attachments

• chip_02.jpg
    chip_02.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
D

dav

Free Member
Feb 28, 2010
Funster No
Feed back great boys thank you
were you ledgering dead baits or float fishing Dave. I hear you boat out your baits and drop them

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
I hope you let it go again after, around Ginestar, Mora D'ebre, Asco and Flix the locals dont like the german fishermen because they dont return the cats to the river.

Friends have started a site at Mora and have access rights to a good stretch of the Ebre

Link Removed

Nice place to stay...fished it several times at the back of a chicken gutting farm...great spot when they wash out through the pipes...best bait there half a chicken....and YES i do return anything i catch...except sea fish...Dave

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Feed back great boys thank you
were you ledgering dead baits or float fishing Dave. I hear you boat out your baits and drop them

At Caspe we use a size 3 hook with a very long hair rig and attach 12/14 drilled halibut pellets size 11mm...taken out by boat dropped then 25k of halibut pellets poured in over the top....tight lines...Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back