Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
i hav the above in my pilote it has a switch for D+ one says a actif bas. And actif haut one is a active ground this has to be set for my fridge tried google translate and instruction manual is next to useless thanks funsters

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
actif bas = active low; actif haut = active high.

active low is often also called active ground.

D+ is the name given to the wire that shows when the engine is running.

Sorry, I don't know what the switch setting is on your vehicle. Maybe someone with the same vehicle will know.

One way to check it is correct is by looking at the awning light. This has a relay connected to the same point as the fridge relay. Turn the awning light switch on. If the awning light switches itself off when the engine starts, and back on when the engine stops, the active high/low switch setting for is correct. (OK, I know that's the opposite of the fridge operation, but that's taken care of by the relay contact wiring.)

You don't need to read the next bit, but it's here for anyone who's interested.

When the engine starts, a relay switches the fridge 12V supply from leisure battery to starter battery/alternator. This relay needs a 12V feed to switch it on, and it switches off when the feed drops to 0V. In other words, it is 'active' when the voltage is 'high'.

In most vehicles, the D+ wire is the same. When the engine is running, the D+ wire is at 12V, and when the engine stops, it drops down to 0V. So it is also 'active high'. Usually the D+ wire is directly connected to the fridge relay, and everything works as expected.

However some vehicles may have a D+ wire that does the opposite. It is at 12V when the engine is not running, and drops to 0V when the engine starts. In other words it is 'active low'.

The EBL267 has a switch and a bit of electronics where the D+ wire enters, that can change an 'active low' D+ wire into an 'active high' feed so that the fridge will switch over correctly. So you set the switch according to the type of D+ your vehicle has.

OP
OP
wizza

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years