EBL 101 and DT201 Panel Issue (1 Viewer)

SteveWyvill

Free Member
Sep 10, 2016
Cardiff, Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Classic
Exp
3 months
Apologies if I'm posting in the wrong part of the forum but I'm in need of some technical assistance please. My 2005 Hymer 655 is fitted with an Elektroblock EBL 101 and a DT201 control panel. The issue I'm having is that none of the buttons on the right hand side of the control panel function. This means I'm unable to use the MENUE, +, - and OK buttons. I've checked the connections on the EBL and also removed the DT201 and checked the connections on the back, all of which appear to be good. Is there anything else I should be checking? Any advice will be gratefully appreciated. Thx

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
At the risk of stating the obvious, have you got 12v power to the living area? Are the batteries in a good state of charge as the DT201 will not function if the off-load voltage is below 11v.

If all seems normal apart from the operation of the panel's right-hand buttons, I would suspect a panel fault and send an email to Udo Lang for advice. Udo.Lang@schaudt-gmbh.de

WSandME

Free Member
Aug 9, 2016
Wigan-ish
Funster No
MH
Hymer B660 Bestline
Exp
SInce 2006
Earlier this year I had a wierd problem with my DT202 panel.
After several emails to AandNCaravans, and Udo Lang, I traced the fault to a loose earth connection on the leisure battery bank.
So, I'd recommend checking all the fuses, and tight battery connections first.
Personally, given that the left hand side buttons work, I would unscrew the panel and see if there was anything loose on the right hand side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
S

SteveWyvill

Free Member
Sep 10, 2016
Cardiff, Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Classic
Exp
3 months
Appreciate the responses. Just replaced both leisure batteries with new Varta LFD90's so know the batteries are good. Interestingly, when I switched the battery cutoff switch on the EBL 101, the panel wouldn't operate at all initially. I plugged the EBL into the 240v and the panel came to life but indicated that the batteries required charging? Not sure why as their new and were fully charged before fitting. Also I've had the battery cutoff switch off since fitting the new batteries so there shouldn't have been any need to charge them? I'm usually pretty good with these sort of things but this one has got me stumped! Think an email to Udo is the way forward. Appreciate your advice. Thx. Steve

OP
OP
S

SteveWyvill

Free Member
Sep 10, 2016
Cardiff, Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Classic
Exp
3 months
Forgot to add that I've also added a LR 1218 solar regulator and Baird 150W panel. It's all wired into the EBL 101 but annoyingly the issue with the panel is preventing me from checking that it's all working OK!!!!!

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
Have you 'told' the DT201 that you have new batteries by inputting the nominal capacity? I don't have this panel (mine's older) but according to the 201's instruction manual, this is a requirement. Also says something about plugging into 230v in order to set up the panel.

OP
OP
S

SteveWyvill

Free Member
Sep 10, 2016
Cardiff, Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymer 655 Classic
Exp
3 months
Yeah, that's what I was trying to do then realized I wasn't getting any response from the MENUE buttons etc hence the issue. I can't get 'into' the DT201 to tell it about the battery change and solar addition!!! Frustrating to say the least! Anyway, I've just dropped an email to Udo Lang at Schaudt and wait a reponse....

Hallo Udo

I was given your contact details by one of the motorhome owners’ forums and hope you can help me please? My 2005 Hymer 655 Classic is fitted with an Elektroblock EBL 101 and a DT201 control panel. The issue I’m having is that the buttons on the right hand side of the panel don’t appear to work. So I’m unable to use the MENUE,+,- and OK buttons. I’ve taken the panel off and checked that all the cables at the rear are connected and they appear to be OK. I’ve also noted that when not on 240v mains, the life of the two Exide Gel G80 batteries is very limited and after a day or so they’re flat and require recharging. I’ve recently replaced them with Varta LFD90s (and changed the battery type switch on the EBL to Lead-Acid) but after re enabling the battery cut off switch the DT201 failed to operate until I plugged the EBL into the 240v again. The new batteries were fully charged before fitting so not sure why the panel wouldn’t switch on until reconnected to the 240v supply. Once the DT201 was switched back on it reported that the leisure batteries required charging?????

To further complicate matters, I’ve just added a LR1218 solar regulator and Biard 150w solar panel but because of the DT201 button issue I’m unable to check if everything is working. It’s been a frustrating and expensive couple of weeks so would really appreciate any advice / assistance you can provide please?

Kindest regards

Here's hoping he can provide a resolution. Fingers crossed!

aandncaravan

Free Member
May 5, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
Trader
Exp
The DT201 would have lost it's values when you turned it off by using the EBL 101 cutoff, including the battery state/condition.
Just using the vehicle in the normal way should have allowed the DT 201 (and all similar DT's) to relearn
Suggest you don't use the old style rocker Ein/Aus switch on the front of an EBL as they do have a habit of not powering back on.

Sounds like the DT201 has suffered a fault if the switches have been lost?

We have had 4 reported DT201 issues in the last month, yours is 5th we have heard of, yet in the whole of 2016 we have sold only 2.

If you remove the DT201 take care not to touch any part of the PCB.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Try putting on ehu for 48 hours.
Mine needed this to readjust after putting new leisure batteries.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back