Eberspacher (1 Viewer)

paulwalshe

Free Member
Jun 2, 2009
Funster No
Hi There guys

I'm new to the forum and motorhomes. I have a diesel Eberspacher which goes into start up cycle blows cold air for approx 5 minutes (the exhaust is hot air) and then shuts down. Has anyone experienced this, do I need to changs the flame sensor and glowplug or do i need to have it serviced

regards

Paul

forfourgeek

Free Member
May 21, 2009
Forest Of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class
Paul.
Over the years ive learned a great deal about these heaters. Mainly from my own experiences of Eberspachers & Webasto on my own boat.
Has it ever worked in its current environment ? If yes, then I would recommend you have it serviced by a competent person. I suggest that either , and this is most likely, that the burner is carboned up. If it is carbon, then the carbon would retain too much heat, the sensors think to themselves flipping heck its getting too hot to be safe and then shut off the fuel..Its all about safety...It could also be the flame sensor is U/S.

If as you say, you have hot exhaust, and of course you would have then I would definetly say carbon is your problem..
If these heater, whether they be Ebers or Webs are installed properly, you should get many years good use out of them..provided you keep them clean.

Good luck
John

S

sinbad1

Deleted User
Hi There guys

I'm new to the forum and motorhomes. I have a diesel Eberspacher which goes into start up cycle blows cold air for approx 5 minutes (the exhaust is hot air) and then shuts down. Has anyone experienced this, do I need to changs the flame sensor and glowplug or do i need to have it serviced

regards

Paul

I would agree with forfourgeek, a fellow boater of mine had a maccuni deisel heater fitted, basically the same as the Eberspachers & Webasto 's ,he had simular problems that you describe, most of the problems were carboning up of the sensors or glowplug problems.

Must say they do seem tempremental and did strip it down several times.

This can also happen if the supply voltage is low, you may want to check its supply is good.
The other thing would be is to make sure there are no airlocks and sufficient supply of deisel.

regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back