Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
A question for anyone with Eberspacher heating unit fitted. Need a bit of help as after many months we have started to fit it.
1) What is the best mount for the Fuel Pump. Clamp or the rubber circly thing with fitting hole.
2) The harness splits into 3 bunches and reading the million page destruction manual is getting me knowhere.
one bunch has two wires from it- is this for the fuel pump
second bunch has a couple of large wires and some small ones. -is this power in and link for fuse's and holder.
third bunch- a lot of small wires like Josephs coat- is this for the mini controller.
A list of what where and colour will be much apprecited and there is a 32 cent bottle of German beer when we see you for help

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Google "eberspacher wiring diagram" and down load the pdf file you should see listed. This has a wiring diagram with cable colours.

It looks as if the three groups of wires you have are for fuel pump, power supply and controls/external temperature sensor.

But is this not shown in your destructions?

As an aside, do you have the silencer for it.? They are a lot quieter with one fitted. I have heard the Eberspacher is very voltage sensitive which is why Murvi changed to Webasto, but this is only rumour.

edgy

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 25, 2011
bolton lancs
Funster No
MH
lo line
Exp
"I,m a newbie
Hi destination unknown my advice is if you are not sure get an expert to do it for you[if you can find one]. My experience of eberspacher is when they are running they are brilliant but if not right they can cost you thousands of pounds, trust me please I have had a lot of bad experiences with them, but like I say if fitted properly they are very good. Good Luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
There was a thread on here recently complaining about a noise from the heater, the consensus was it would be the pump and to rubber mount it.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
I have just fitted one to my MH with no problem,
Use the rubber P mount for the pump it cuts down on noise from the pump,
Also use the air intake silencer with the exhaust silencer it will make it less noises to the people outside your MH, make sure you route the silencer pipe away from any MH vents so you don't get fumes inside,
The wiring is straight forward just follow the colour code, you will need a wire crimper to connect the mini controller, I used the 7 day controller with diagnostics, before 2009 they had a problem with the ECU overheating but the latest hella units are supposed to have cured it,
It's early days but I am very happy with the heat output and think it makes a worthwhile addition to my existing heating system,

OP
OP
Destination Unknown

Destination Unknown

Free Member
Oct 30, 2010
Anywhere and everywhere
Funster No
MH
American A Class
Exp
Not Long Enough...!!
Thanks all.
We do have Silencer ect and will routed correctly. We have had custom cradle and cover for it. Plenty of info about it,
Just thought easier asking as many have them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back