Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Just a reminder,....I needed a starting handle for my old landie. Went on ebay, they started at £15, some with delivery of between £8.50 and £14.00, some were "buy it now" at £29.00.

I looked at my usual supplier, a major parts stockist in Matlock, £19.00 including VAT and delivery........................just goes to show, dunnit.::bigsmile:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
used that supplier many times

Just a reminder,....I needed a starting handle for my old landie. Went on ebay, they started at £15, some with delivery of between £8.50 and £14.00, some were "buy it now" at £29.00.

I looked at my usual supplier, a major parts stockist in Matlock, £19.00 including VAT and delivery........................just goes to show, dunnit.::bigsmile:

I have over the years ordered parts from that supplier in Matlock .. always gave a good service.. funny Sue was digging about in a cupboard and out came a yellow mug they sent me many years back.. cracked .. but with the words.... Land Rover owners do it in fields...

I have had everything from tyres on the wheels to clutches to door tops and many other items.. and yes they would have beaten ebay if ebay had been about in those days.. not everything is cheaper on ebay... but you do get a choice.

I wanted a stand for my Lap steel guitar .. looked up organ stands and found a good half a dozen from £17 to £200 .. settled on one for £32 including postage that look alike it is adjustable to the size I need.. but could not get it from any of the local music stores.. But Land Rovers are a different world.

Bob

mick noe

Funster
Deceased RIP
Apr 14, 2009
near Boston Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
Yes it always pays to shop around. I always check Amazon against ebay prices they are often lower.Having said that I just saved £60 on ebay with Hamilton gas as apposed to my local dealer!:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Yes it always pays to shop around. I always check Amazon against ebay prices they are often lower.Having said that I just saved £60 on ebay with Hamilton gas as apposed to my local dealer!:thumb:

Be warned Amazon can be dearer, certainly is for most things I list on there, their costs are very high compared to ebay, frankly on some of the prices on there with some people they are losing money hand over fist, no point in working just to turn over cash as far as I am concerned.

Peter

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
I applied to sell on amazon and you cant get hold of your money until 14 days after you have sold, sold on ebay after although the fees are a lot when you take the final value fee, paypal fee,and the listing fee I might have well sold elsewhere.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back