ebay watchers.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Pikey Pete, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Pikey Pete

Pikey Pete Read Only Funster

I had something up for sale by auction on ebay which ran for 10 days.
    At one stage there were 94 watchers.
    Good I thought lots of interest.

Not one bid!!!!

What exactly are all these people watching for if they don't intend to bid?

We are talking watchers here and not hits, before anyone says anything.

I now have it on Classified and the watchers are back, though not yet in the large numbers I had previously, but there is plenty of time left.

Pete:Cool:

Might have this in the wrong Forum but I'm sure someone will move it if it is.

2. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

I often watch

I often watch while I hunt for others of the same... cannot be bothered to remove the watched item from my list.

Other times I do bid and just leave it there in the wings so to speak so I do not tip my hand that I am bidding on an item... Then other times if it is a hard to find model and I want it for the collection I will put a very high bid (my maximum) and I know there will be a couple bids, but normally if they are out bid a few times I tend to win the item.. But the price I put on is intended to make sure I get it.. but as said it has to be one I need for the collection. Will watch duplicates of what I have.. sometime cheap and get a bargain for spares.

All part of the tatics
    :thumb:
    Bob

3. Janine

Janine Funster Life Member

I often watch to see what items sell for - so that I can sell one the same :Smile:

4. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

If you find something you MAY be interested in, adding it to watching is the easiest way to find it again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. vwalan

vwalan Funster

i very often click the watch button . have no intentions of buying but it annoys the sellers it seems . might do it abit more . what you selling ?
    also if you dont watch you dont get a chance to pull it back up for referance later on . go on tell us what your selling ., see the watchers go up.

6. motor roamin

motor roamin Funster

I add things to my watch list for all of the above reasons..........I am also a last min bidder comes from many years of standing in auction rooms letting all the others trot the price up......if it then goes above what I am prepaired to pay then I don't bid at all.

All the best Rick

• Like Like x 1
  7. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

It's probably other sellers monitoring the selling price because they have similar items to sell. Also it might be that some have phone Apps automatically watch certain items they have listed in their eBay search settings, though I can't confirm that.

In my experience a vast number of watchers doesn't necessarily mean it goes for a top price, it just means it's of interest to a lot of other sellers, especially sellers of collectables.

My better-selling items more often than not have around 10 watchers.

8. Pikey Pete

This is what I'm selling. So can I expect the watchers count to rocket?:Rofl1:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200749118828?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

9. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

well that looks like a good buy to me

Now that looks a good buy for that item.. seems cheap enough to me.. surprised you have not had offers... yes put it on my watch list.. but I am an RV man.. but I would have thought it might interest someone..

Looks a nice rig....

Bob:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

• Like Like x 1
  11. vwalan

vwalan Funster

must be worth 8 grand of anyones money . take it from here and save the ebay comm.

12. Pikey Pete

I thought I'd priced it to sell, but apparently not. Maybe it's too cheap.:Eeek:

13. vwalan

vwalan Funster

to be honest its the navarro that puts folk off they dont have a very good reputation.
    lots knacked their engines due to too smaller oilways . that and the clutch trouble . .7,500 .

14. Terry

Terry Funster

Don't know much about fiver prices but why not stick it on at the lowest starting bid you will accept -say 14k and then see what it brings ? BIN prices are great if you want an item now but the auction may surprise you :Wink: BTW I AM WATCHING NOW AND NO i DO NOT WANT IT :BigGrin:
    terry

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pikey Pete

Tried it on lowest price as a starting bid and it was on 10 days but no bids,. That's why I switched to classified with best offer.
    I'm getting the feeling that I'm stuck with it, so considering siting it as a summer home for me.

16. Pikey Pete

Well this Navarra has done 81,000 miles and much of that with the "beast" hooked up behind it, so if the engine or clutch was going to fail I think it would have happened by now.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gromett

Gromett Funster

18. Terry

Terry Funster

I would try it again :thumb: it is now people start looking,(nothing much sells before April/may )although you have a small market with the fiver.
    terry

19. Pikey Pete

Karl, I'll have to take you down the Wheatsheaf for a pint and convince you that you should join the happy band of "Watchers":Rofl1:

20. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

To me, the story about how you picked it up a few weeks back in Spain and towed it back to the UK would put me off buying. Says you took a gamble and it didnt work out, so what are you not saying or showing in the pics?

Add to that the problems with the Nissan D22 engines failing prematurely and it doesnt look a bargain