Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Morning.

Has anyone seen one of these being towed on a A frame set up?

Link Removed

Hi Not seen one being towed, but looking at the pic might be a prob attaching the a frame to the quad. we have 2 of these but they go in the garage of the 5ver. I am sure others will be able to help. Best of luck, very nice quad.

Regards

Ant & Debs

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Now That's what I call a quad.:Cool:

Wouldn't mind one of those myself.I would probably look at a trailer, personally, to tow it on.

Saw a lot of these being ridden in SPAIN and a few around where I live.

One, the rider not wearing a crash helmet which seems a little risky.

What's the regs on helmets and MOT process for these? Are they MOT'D AS A MOTORCYCLE?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Blimey! thats nice!

it would need a trailer I would think...........what licence do you need to drive these as I only have a car one. could you carry a passenger if only a car licence?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Quads fall into both class 4(cars) and classes 1 and 2 (motorbike) depending on spec:winky:
Geo

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
They are very nice and look the dogs doo dahhs.
Didnt think an A frame would be possibly but was trying to get away from a trailer due to lack of storage space available.
If you go onto their home page they have a list of shows and events they visit where you can try them out and ask questions about spare parts , servicing.(motorhome shows)

The best thing is even the mrs likes them and said we could buy one tomorrow:Eeek::thumb:

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
Search through Ebay 4 months ago they were being sold for £2500,as for a tow frame you prob would have to get one made :thumb:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I might be talking nonsense ,( nothing unusual there ) but is it a good idea to tow a quad at motorhome speeds, what about excessive tyre wear .. ?

jim

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. the helmet law is specific in that its only for motor bikes. so only two wheels.
motor cycle protective helmets regs,reg 4 required on two wheel motor cycles only. nb.if any of the wheels on a tricycle,on the same axle are less than 460mm apart(measured at centre of tread )then they count as one wheel in the eyes of the law in relation to the crash helmet law.
i think tyres would soon wear out if used on road or towed alot. i am suprised more dont tow trikes either VW or bike trikes like harley johns. if my truck wasnt artic i would pull one they are great fun and can be driven on a car/bike licence. i have a really good mould here for vw trikes it was a side line of my garage (kernow trikes). anybody want plans to build one give a pm. cheers alan.

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Video on you tube of a device made up to tow quad.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtrVLvCMbOg]YouTube - Twist 'n Haul[/ame]

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Morning.

Has anyone seen one of these being towed on a A frame set up?

Link Removed

Hi we considered a quad bike on an EaZy tow, cant remember if that is the right spelling but it is a fixed trailer with swivel wheels which means you can reverse with the trailer attached!

We saw them at the Stratford Show and were very impressed. I am sure somebody on here will know which one I mean. One was designed to carry a motorbike or scooter and the other would carry a quad bike.

Ginny and Mike

Andy 01424

Free Member
Aug 10, 2009
Hastings East Sussex
Funster No
MH
RV soon!
Exp
0 but lived in static for 2yrs
this ones 2nd hand :
Link Removed

or new
Link Removed

a moddified piece like this would be ideal for carrying it save towing a quad:
Link Removed

wizza

Free Member
Aug 3, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
low line
Exp
8 years
If you are going to tow you might as well tow a car on a A frame, dont see the advantage of quads you still get stuck in traffic you are still exposed to the weather like a bike, if you dont wear a crash helmet which you dont have to on these you will be even more dead when something hits you and your head hits the floor.

OP
OP
markymark

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi we considered a quad bike on an EaZy tow, cant remember if that is the right spelling but it is a fixed trailer with swivel wheels which means you can reverse with the trailer attached!

We saw them at the Stratford Show and were very impressed. I am sure somebody on here will know which one I mean. One was designed to carry a motorbike or scooter and the other would carry a quad bike.

Ginny and Mike

Any idea how much they were chaging for the quad trailer?
I could manage to store that little beauty in the shed no probems at all, as long as i can carry it through the house. Not sure if one of those Venom 2 seaters would fit it though. Thanks for the link

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
The EZETOW trailers are around the £1000 - Not cheap. Be aware that the wheels are set well back and there will be at least 50% of the total weight towed on your towball - My somewhat pathetic rear axle can't cope with it...:Sad:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Quads fall into both class 4(cars) and classes 1 and 2 (motorbike) depending on spec:winky:
Geo

Hi Geo,

Does that mean classes 1 and 2 riders MUST wear crash helmets?

Originally Posted by markymark Link Removed
They are very nice and look the dogs doo dahhs.
Didnt think an A frame would be possibly but was trying to get away from a trailer due to lack of storage space available.
If you go onto their home page they have a list of shows and events they visit where you can try them out and ask questions about spare parts , servicing.(motorhome shows)

The best thing is even the mrs likes them and said we could buy one tomorrow:Eeek::thumb:

Saw them at Americana last year and was well impressed.

Can she have a word with my missus please? Mark.:RollEyes:

Last edited:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
No I havent. Looks like a good idea if you like quad bikes that much.

Jim
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back